cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix on the NOW TV Stick?

Can anyone tell me if its possible to add Netflix to the NOW TV box as its not avaliable to download in the APP Store. Many thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Just an update to let you know that Netflix is now available for you to download through a select number of NOW TV devices. 

For more info check out our post about Netflix here.

Thanks,

Karl

View solution in original post

120 REPLIES 120
Legend 5
Legend 5
Be handy if it does come on these boxes. I have both services, I see them as complimentary to each other to get a fuller range of programs.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
BicBasher
Elite

@4268 wrote:
Be handy if it does come on these boxes. I have both services, I see them as complimentary to each other to get a fuller range of programs.

Agreed.  I rent films from Amazon as they're in 1080p HD, but don't have Prime.   Currently use the LG app, but would be nice to have the NOW TV box as a back-up.    Same for Netflix.   Now TV's own data shows that customers are more likely to pay for both services.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
BicBasher
Elite

Amazon have once again quietly added a monthly option for £7.99pm if you fancy free delivery and a selection of free music and movies.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@BicBasher  Can you still get Prime Video on its own for £5.99 a month?  Or has that been replaced by the £7.99 monthly full Prime option?

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

BicBasher
Elite

@DarylM  Yes, the £5.99 Video only option is still there, along with the £79 Prime annual subscription.

The £7.99pm sub is excellent value for money if you budget monthly as it gives you not just the usual Amazon offers of free delivery and Prime Video, but the new Prime Music section, which competes with Spotify and cloud storage for photos.

Reading on HotUKDeals, people who signed up for the recent £59 annual deal who cancelled were also offered the monthly sub, so I think Amazon are finally realising that to get more Prime sign-ups, they'll have to offer a monthly subscription, even if they don't promote it.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DarylM Wait, you can pay for prime instant video monthly? I know you can pay monthly for LoveFilm but didn't know about P.I.V.

I don't use amazon like I used to and only used Prime when a friend let me piggyback on his account. 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@DarylM Wait, you can pay for prime instant video monthly? I know you can pay monthly for LoveFilm but didn't know about P.I.V.

I don't use amazon like I used to and only used Prime when a friend let me piggyback on his account. 

@caseyb1993  Yes - although it's quite difficult to find.  They only mention the £79 annual subscription at first.  But I think if you continue to click through there is an option which says "Looking for Prime Instant Video?"

I currently have the £5.99 a month subscription for Prime Video only and have just used it to watch The Man In The High Castle.

I'll keep it until sometime in the new year after the next series of Ripper Street comes out.  After that I'll cancel and just have it in the months I want it (like I do with Netflix).

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

BicBasher
Elite

The easiest way to get the £5.99 Amazon Instant Video deal is to click on Shop by Department, then Amazon Video. 

@DarylM  How was The Man In The High Castle?   I'm planning on watching it after I've finished Jessica Jones on Netflix.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@BicBasher wrote:

The easiest way to get the £5.99 Amazon Instant Video deal is to click on Shop by Department, then Amazon Video.

There's a 30-day free trial if you've never had Prime before.  But I'm pretty sure that the trial is for full Prime, rather than just video.

It's annoying and confusing that it doesn't mention the £5.99 video option on the Prime Video homepage.

@BicBasher wrote:

@DarylM  How was The Man In The High Castle?   I'm planning on watching it after I've finished Jessica Jones on Netflix.

@BicBasher  I enjoyed it. The character motivations are complex enough to keep it interesting.  The main thing which stands out is the atmosphere of this alternate Axis-occupied America.  I like how it doesn't grandstand much or overplay its hand.  Instead it's presented in a relatively restrained way, with Americans saying 'Zieg Heil' to each other as casually as they'd say 'Hi'.  All the more effective and chilling.

The first episode is available for free (even for those who don't have a Prime account).

I haven't had Netflix for a while (since Orange Is The New Black, I think).  I plan to get it again for Jessica Jones and, particularly, the Bill Murray Christmas special.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

snapshot286.png

Does advertise the 5.99 offer...