chilli2
Contributor 4

Re: NOW TV News

In addition to Now Tv only working in the UK, you may find other servies (ie UK catchup services iplayer/5 on demand all 4 etc etc) may not work outside of the UK.

The good news is that Now TV will at some point have a download system, similar to BBC iplayer/amazon/Netflix etc  so you could download ( in the UK) some content onto another device ( ie phone/tablet) and take it with you

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

wrote:

2-Can the stick be used in Europe, if I take it on holiday with me?

@JBancroft The good news is whilst you can't do thiis currently, an EU ruling will allow streaming services to be accessed from EU members in the future, when this comes into force (supposed to be sometime this year but timetable not confirmed) this should allow you to watch NOW TV and other catch-up apps in EU, and the stick would be easy to pack assuming you can find a suitable TV with HDMI and USB ports.

ukbobboy
Expert 2

@Andy @JBancroft

Hi Andy

You said, "...this should allow you to watch NOW TV and other catch-up apps in EU..."  I agree that this should work Pre-Brexit but as for Post-Brexit, who knows?

UK Bob

LoneWolf24
Regular 1

Has anyone seen TV Guide for Smart Stick how has Four sections
Entertainment
Movies
Sports
Kids
0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

Hi @LoneWolf24

Found this picture from one of the online website reviews for the nowtv entertainment TV Guide, where you can also see the option tabs to click on towards the top of the guide for movies,sports and kids.

sky_nowtv_smart_stick_livetv1.jpg

0 Thanks
LoneWolf24
Regular 1

Is there release date yet for stick and do NOW TV limit there own customers to only order 1 device?.
0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

Hi @LoneWolf24

This is not official, but a customer spoke to live chat this week and live chat mentioned somewhere around the 23rd of February.

Take this with a pinch of salt until somebody from the NowTV Team confirms the official release date of the smart stick or a date is announced on the website / forum.

Can't see no reason why you can order as many smart sticks that you want once available (just bear in mind the 4 device rule that you can have on a single nowtv account).

0 Thanks
ken242
Helper 1

look good i nwill buy one then it come out £14.99 not bad )

0 Thanks
LoneWolf24
Regular 1

@schnapps
I’ve spoken to someone on live chat and they even told me that smart stick release date is 23rd February so why almost a month from press release.
0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

Hi @LoneWolf24

You find with a lot of new tech products nowadays that press releases and early hands on reviews by selective websites is quite common before the products are available to the general public.

With regards to the answer of your question, I don't really know, maybe to generate interest and wet peoples appetites until sufficient stock levels are reached before the smart stick is officially released. 

0 Thanks