nickmorc
Helper 3

Re: NOW TV News

Morning all, I have had a quick look around the thread to find an answer but cant see it.

Will the new remote work with existing kit, for example my tv smart box. It would be great to have voice search without having to use the stick as a replacement for my smart box.

Cheers all.

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

wrote:

Morning all, I have had a quick look around the thread to find an answer but cant see it.

Will the new remote work with existing kit, for example my tv smart box. It would be great to have voice search without having to use the stick as a replacement for my smart box.

Cheers all.

@nickmorc No unfortunately not. Couple of reasons. Firstly the box doesn't support the voice search feature and second the remote the stick uses is a Wi-FI Direct remote which won't control the Smart Box (which uses an infra-red remote).

nickmorc
Helper 3

Thanks for your reply @Andy, thought as much. Thats a shame, but as we all know tech is moving on at a massive rate !

Best Regards

NIck

Rg001c7345
Contributor 1

The Argos website describes this stick as "1080p.".

Just so I'm clear, is that an accurate description?

Thanks,

Rg.

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

Hi @Rg001c7345

Currently the best available streaming quality on the nowtv services is 720p, where Sky / Nowtv have mentioned in a recent press release that 1080p is coming towards the end of the year on the NowTV service (nobody knows at the moment if this will be at an extra cost to your subscription for 1080p quality).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device

Tucker61
Contributor 4

Re: NOW TV News - NOW TV Streaming Stick

Or a mains sub adaptor forget that. It has been answered multiple times before. I am just catching up in this topic..

0 Thanks
4268 Champion 4
Champion 4

@Rg001c7345 there's a difference between what the device is capable of and the quality of the programs regarding 1080p v 720p

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

0 Thanks
chilli2
Contributor 4

Now TV only streams in 720p ( at the moment) However the Globe streamwatch player new  stick should stream other services such as Iplayer in 1080p

0 Thanks
JBancroft
Occasional Poster

Hi Folks,

I might have missed this with all the chit-chat on the forum, but can I ask two questions.

1-I use a  black boxes to watch entertainment and film packages. Will I be able to use the new USB stick instead of the black box on my current accounts? I'm not too bothered about HD viewing, 720 is fine for me.

2-Can the stick be used in Europe, if I take it on holiday with me?

Thanks

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

HI @JBancroft

1. No problem using the new smart stick on your current account, where you can have up to 4 devices with 2 simultaneous streams.

2. Currently you can only use the NowTV service whilst in the UK and won't be able to use it abroad.

0 Thanks