Wolves3726
First Poster

Re: NOw tv fire stick

A great idea.i will be getting one 

0 Thanks
nickmorc
Helper 3

Re: NOw tv fire stick

This is looking good and will certainly be looking at getting one !

0 Thanks
Rg001c7345
Contributor 1

Re: NOW TV News

When & where will these be available to pre-order?

0 Thanks
WT77
Contributor 3

Re: NOW TV News - NOW TV Streaming Stick

@4268 wrote:

@schnapps the Now stick can see and connect to 5ghz. The Roku only 2ghz.

Both Roku Streaming Sticks which have been sold in the UK are dual-band... the only difference is that the original purple one (Model 3500EU) only offered a/b/g/n wireless LAN standards, while the current black one (Model 3810EU) adds the 'ac' wireless LAN standard - enabling simultaneous connection support for both 5GHz and 2.4GHz frequencies - and the only other Roku Streaming Stick to offer the 'ac' wireless LAN standard is the (US-only) recent update to their budget-priced stick (Model 3800R) so I'm curious to know what the model number of the new NOW TV Smart Stick is... since you (@4268) have the device already, would you be able to confirm this by taking a look at the 'Settings' menu?

Many thanks

0 Thanks
Diz-zy24
Occasional Poster

I have question to ask about Smart Stick would it replace puck looking black boxes and I did trial this found it great to use but prefer Smart box how got freeview, now tv together. Just one thing not new member had to do new account use to be dizzy24.
0 Thanks
WT77
Contributor 3

It will be available sometime in February... the details are in the press release from NOW TV.

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: NOW TV News - NOW TV Streaming Stick

@Rg001c7345 wrote:

When & where will these be available to pre-order?

@Rg001c7345 NOW TV don't usually do preorders, but it will be available towards the end of next month, either direct from the NOW TV website or via the usual places, Argos, Currys, major supermarkets etc.

Keep an eye on http://www.nowtv.com/smart-tv-stick

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Diz-zy24 wrote:
I have question to ask about Smart Stick would it replace puck looking black boxes and I did trial this found it great to use but prefer Smart box how got freeview, now tv together. Just one thing not new member had to do new account use to be dizzy24.

@Diz-zy24 It will do everything to standard black NOW TV does, along with novelties such as voice search. The only advantage the standard black NOW TV box would have is its Ethernet port if you prefer using a wired connection rather than wifi.

0 Thanks
WT77
Contributor 3

@Diz-zy24 wrote:

My guess is that it will replace the smaller black NOW TV Box (Model 4200SK) but that the larger NOW TV SMart Box (Model 4500SK) will remain available, alongside this latest NOW TV Smart Stick (Model ????SK), giving people the choice of two NOW TV branded devices.

0 Thanks
Diz-zy24
Occasional Poster

@WT77
I’ve seen on different news websites that Smart box @ Smart stick look good together just showing them and not Puck black box but I won’t buy one how you still have use tv remote if only have freeview how Smart box is all in one how have one of them
0 Thanks