DarylM Expert 5
Expert 5

Re: NOW TV News

@Karl-F  Being able to pause live Sky channels will be great.  But do you know if there will be the ability to rewind live channels as well?  The 'buffer' on the smart box is a great feature for when I've missed a bit on live TV and want to rewind to catch it again.

I think not having a 'Now TV' button would take me a while to get used to.  I guess it's effectively been replaced by the 'My TV' button.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

Hi @4268

With you having first hand experience with both the Roku Express and Trial tested the NowTV smart stick, then I appreciate your input about they are different type of products with little in common apart from their main function is to stream content Smiley Happy

Out of curisoity what's the WiFi reception like on the NowTV smart stick from your testing ?

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

Re: NOW TV News - NOW TV Streaming Stick

@Karl-F wrote:

@Miketurn wrote:

@Andy  Is there a power adapter supplied or just a usb cable?

If no supplied power adapter, can it be powered using any of the other adapters that are supplied with the puck and Smart boxes?

Hi @Miketurn

A power supply will come with the box, so if your TV doesn't have a USB slot you'll still be able to use the NOW TV Stick.  Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Karl

Hi @Karl-F

Your website page doesn't say that there is an USB power adapter that comes in the box (might be worth amending your web page to reflect this that the power adapter is included) or am i being too particular with my post Smiley Very Happy

Capture 6.PNG

0 Thanks
4268 Champion 4
Champion 4

@schnapps the Now stick can see and connect to 5ghz. The Roku only 2ghz.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

Hi @4268

Thanks for that what is the WiFi reception range like on the smart stick did you notice any WiFi dropouts or was it pretty stable ?

0 Thanks
madacj
Occasional Poster

Will it be worth me getting a stick instead of using my PS4 to access now tv? Or will the new features be added to PS4?
0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

Hi @madacj

One thing that i am sure of, is the smart stick will consume less power than a PS4 when streaming Smiley Wink

madacj
Occasional Poster

Aren’t we supposed to be getting content from hayu this year?
0 Thanks
4268 Champion 4
Champion 4

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @4268

Thanks for that what is the WiFi reception range like on the smart stick did you notice any WiFi dropouts or was it pretty stable ?

@schnapps it's been fine for me.  Can't recall it dropping out. Then again I have fast WiFi.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@madacj wrote:
Aren’t we supposed to be getting content from hayu this year?

@madacj Yeah, as part of the same deal with NBCUniversal that brought us SyFy. Should be coming some time this year, there's been no further announcements about it yet though. Given they are a separate subscription service I'd guess it's the app that will come to NOW TV devices rather than content going into the NOW TV passes, but again no further announcements yet.

0 Thanks