Miketurn
Regular 2

Re: NOW TV News - NOW TV Streaming Stick

@Andy  Is there a power adapter supplied or just a usb cable?

If no supplied power adapter, can it be powered using any of the other adapters that are supplied with the puck and Smart boxes?

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Miketurn You couldn't use the adapters from other NOW TV kit as it's a USB connection on the stick, it needs a USB power adapter. Not 100% sure if it comes with power adapter yet, will need to await confirmation from NOW TV, sorry.

schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

Can somebody confirm if the new NowTV smart stick uses a quad core processor rather than a dual core processor used on the standard nowtv black boxes ?

Hopefully it's a quad core Smiley Happy

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

Can somebody confirm if the new NowTV smart stick uses a quad core processor rather than a dual core processor used on the standard nowtv black boxes ?

@schnapps Nope! Smiley Very Happy (as in 'can't confirm' rather than 'I'm not telling you!)

The Roku streaming stick that's it's based on is quad-core though so I suspect it will be.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Miketurn wrote:

@Andy  Is there a power adapter supplied or just a usb cable?

If no supplied power adapter, can it be powered using any of the other adapters that are supplied with the puck and Smart boxes?

Hi @Miketurn

A power supply will come with the box, so if your TV doesn't have a USB slot you'll still be able to use the NOW TV Stick.  Smiley Happy 

Thanks, 

Karl

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: NOW TV News

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Karl-F

Reading the official NowTV press article you posted on here it says that the new NowTV smart stick will start from £14.99 without any bundled passes, where on your website the new smart skick says from £19.99.

If you are going to offer customers to purchase the smart stick on it's own without any bundled passes via your website, wouldn't showing from £14.99 look more attractive / tempting to potential customers than £19.99 ?

Perhaps my sales market thinking is different to the way your sales marketing team think ?

http://www.nowtv.com/smart-tv-stick

Hi @schnapps

I think what's being highlighted here is the great value the £19.99 bundle provides. 

At the bottom of that page you can click on a link that shows full pricing details. 

Thanks, 

Karl

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

Hi @Karl-F

I don't think it's a fair comparison showing the new NowTV smart stick against the 4K Roku Stick Plus on the link on the bottom of that web page (where the Roku Stick Plus is overall a different animal and offers much more than the NowTV smart stick).

Maybe the Roku Express would be a fairer product comparison for pricing purposes to show customers how competitively priced your new smart stick is going to be sold for which is a bargain IMO.

I am not keen where companies show price comparison on different manufactures products / services where they never show the full advantages and disadvantages of their products against each other and never gives the full picture of which product is best or most suitable for the customer needs Smiley Mad

Just my two pennies worth on the matter.

0 Thanks
4268 Champion 4
Champion 4

Price point of this is very good. Having trialled it, my opinion is it's far better than the other Now branded devices. It's tidier, it has extra functions, the picture quality is good. Only downside is that you will need a separate device for freeview/ premium channels not on Now.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

Hi @Karl-F

Should have added in my above post, that I know the Roku Express is not actually a stick device like the NowTV smart stick or the Amazon Fire TV stick, but in most TV setups due to it's small compact size and weight you can tape it to the frame bezel on most TV sets (unless of course you want to hide it out of the way where a proper stick device would then be the appropriate choice).

Sorry to go off topic a little bit Smiley Happy 

0 Thanks
4268 Champion 4
Champion 4

@schnapps having both the Now stick and the Roku express I would not say they have a lot in common other than they are both Roku devices. 

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

0 Thanks