Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: NOW TV News - NOW TV Streaming Stick

Hi all, 

Some great discussion here, I'll make sure this is fedback to the teams involved. 

@Miketurn - Just to answer your question the NOW TV Stick will require power from a USB port. 

Thanks,  

Karl

Thom77
Scholar 4

Re: NOW TV News

Not had much time to digest all this news but it does sound very interesting.

I currently have Black Now TV boxes in my living room and bedroom, so I will certainly consider replacing one of these with the new Now TV Stick and see how they compare........ also, to date, I've never had any experience with voice search technology, so with my very rough common Scottish accent I can't wait for the hours of fun that will provide.

Certainly looking forward to the future Full HD coming to the service and if mixed with 50hz instead of 25hz to give that better experience with sports, I will be looking to become more regular with my sports passes.  I currently only run permanent entertainment pass as the picture quality when I do dip in with sports just isn't worth the money.  So you might get more money out of me for sports if the picture is better.

Like others I would guess the Full HD is going to be an extra cost, so will be interesting to see more on how that will work, particularly in respect to vouchers........ possibly entertainment, sport, cinema, kids vouchers as we currently have and sitting alongside them will be the SLIGHTLY more expensive Full HD versions???  or maybe all the vouchers will stay the same as they are and the only to get the newer Full HD offering will be to tick over with the full monthly cost (no voucher savings available)????

Anyway, it all seems like interesting news and I'm looking forward to how it all develops.

schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

If anybody is interested, here's a photo showing the NowTV smart stick with the new remote controller showing all the buttons.

now-tv-streaming-smart-stick-4.jpg

schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

Hi @Karl-F

Reading the official NowTV press article you posted on here it says that the new NowTV smart stick will start from £14.99 without any bundled passes, where on your website the new smart skick says from £19.99.

If you are going to offer customers to purchase the smart stick on it's own without any bundled passes via your website, wouldn't showing from £14.99 look more attractive / tempting to potential customers than £19.99 ?

Perhaps my sales market thinking is different to the way your sales marketing team think ?

http://www.nowtv.com/smart-tv-stick

0 Thanks
Miketurn
Regular 2

I was looking at the remote for a while trying to sus out where the volume up/down control was, but I'm guessing it's that raised bit on the right hand edge that does it.

Can someone confirm this is still dual band wi-fi?

0 Thanks
artesea Legend 4
Legend 4

@Miketurn yeah the volume buttons are along the right hand side of the remote.

-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Follow my Twitter Bots @NowTVCatchup @NowTVBoxset and @NowTVFilms for updates on content added and leaving NOW TV.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?
schnapps Legend 2
Legend 2

Hi @Miketurn

Yeah, the volume controls is a rocker switch on the right hand side of the remote, I have the Roku Stick Plus and the TV volume and on/off control are extremely useful features to have (when watching nowtv I don't have to pick up or use my TV remote control) Smiley Very Happy

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Miketurn wrote:

Can someone confirm this is still dual band wi-fi?

@Miketurn Yes, it's dual-band.

Miketurn
Regular 2

Presumably this box never really turns off (same as the old puck ones) so will be almost instantly available to use?

The Smart box used to annoy me a bit, due to having to wait a few extra seconds for it to restart (oh woe is me! Smiley Very Happy), and I only really used it for the live pause! 

Seems like the new stick is a winner.

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Miketurn wrote:

Presumably this box never really turns off (same as the old puck ones) so will be almost instantly available to use?

@Miketurn Depends if you power it via a USB port on your TV (in which case it will turn on and off with the TV and take a few seconds to boot and connect to wifi). Connecting via power adapter will be always on like the standard black box.