Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

NOW TV News

Today we announced our NOW TV Stick! 

For more information on this and what else we have planned for the year, check out our press release.

Feel free to let us know what you think below! 

137 Replies
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: NOW TV News

£15 is a great price. The stick factor form does seem to be popular so I imagine it'll be popular. 

Great to see downloads coming to the mobile apps, it's been a long wait!

Interesting cagey wording about 1080p ... We will have the 'option' and only mentioning Sky-branded channels. Wonder if this means it's a paid option, only Sky's channels will be fullHD, or maybe both! 

Well done on eliminating single-use plastics, I think we can all agree that's a positive. Although I hope that's referring to the little bits of plastic you get inside the box, I'd still like to see cardboard used as the main packaging.

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: NOW TV News - NOW TV Streaming Stick

Who fancies a game of voice search bingo with the new streaming stick?

I say 'Brad Pitt' it says 'Big Prat'

I say 'Westworld' it says 'Wayne's World'

I say 'Made in Chelsea' it says 'I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that'

schnapps Champion 4
Champion 4

Reading all the press release articles on the internet this morning, it does sound that there will be an extra premium price to have the full hd quality, where only Sky One, Sky Atlantic and Sky Sports are mentioned.

Nothing said about 5.1 surround sound which is a big disappointment if NowTV are going to increase the PQ Smiley Sad

The TV on/off and volume controls buttons are a great addition together with the voice search and quick access buttons including MY TV and TV Guide on the NowTV smart stick remote controller Smiley Happy

According to the press articles that I have read, the NowTV live TV guide will be populated into one area which is a good idea (all we need now is a full 7 day NowTV EPG instead of the Now & Next).

Hopefully the NowTV smart stick WiFi will be sufficient to cater for most home environments.

Live Pause is also welcomed Smiley Happy

The starting price for the smart stick is excellent value for all the additional features and the most attractive bundle IMO is the one for 1 month Sky Sports for £30 Smiley Happy

manowarrior
Occasional Poster

Will this be 50hz? :-)

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

it does sound that there will be an extra premium price to have the full hd quality, where only Sky One, Sky Atlantic and Sky Sports are mentioned.

If that's the case 

image.jpeg

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@manowarrior Yep it will be 50Hz

schnapps Champion 4
Champion 4

If NowTV are going to offer a premium Full HD picture quality on the Sky Sports channels, let's also hope they increase the frame rate from 25fps to 50fps like what BBC iPlayer and BTSports offer, which is a much better viewing experience when watching sports.

To my eyes 25fps looks unnatural with fast panning camera shots and looks shockingly poor compared to some of the other internet live streaming sports channels i have watched on competitors Sports IPTV services.

Miketurn
Regular 1

@schnapps wrote:

If NowTV are going to offer a premium Full HD picture quality on the Sky Sports channels, let's also hope they increase the frame rate from 25fps to 50fps like what BBC iPlayer and BTSports offer, which is a much better viewing experience when watching sports.

To my eyes 25fps looks unnatural with fast panning camera shots and looks shockingly poor compared to some of the other internet live streaming sports channels i have watched on competitors Sports IPTV services.

Without my TV's ability to add 'fake frames' to Sky Sports, it would be unwatchable. And even with that turned up to max, it still looks poor compared with normal broadcast tv.

It will be interesting to see what happens, and what prices are like for full HD. And what about vouchers; will those be limited to 720p and will you have a choice to upgrade when applying them? Still many questions to be answered, but I'll say the new stick looks promising on the whole.

BTW, does this stick require any power, say from a usb port?

artesea Legend 4
Legend 4

"Play Frozen", sorry I can't find Verizon
-----
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, so whilst I know a lot about the service I will be unable to help with any account issues.
Follow my Twitter Bots @NowTVCatchup @NowTVBoxset and @NowTVFilms for updates on content added and leaving NOW TV.
Did you find this post useful, why not give some Thanks?