cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mobile wifi and now tv

Has anyone watched now tv whilst linked to mobile wifi? Is it like to work?
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User if you get 3G it does work, but unless you have a really good deal with your network it can get expensive quickly. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
What kind of mb/gb per month deal do you suggest? At the moment I am 20
days with no Internet. I have now tv passes that I have paid for and
cannot use. I am just trying to see what my options are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the higher bitrate on a NOW TV box is at 3100kbps, watching a 42 minute show on catchup would use 967.5MBs. A two hour film at 2400kbps would be 2.2GBs.

There is very little on the mobile market providing these allowances, especially on a pay-as-you-go SIM, or a 30 day contract.

Comparison websites should help you find something, or let you know if it's going to be too costly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ok thank you I really appreciate your time. Have found a 20gb contract. It
is only if my Internet stops working. Thank you again.
Legend 5
Legend 5

It does work. I used EE WiFi when I changed broadband providers from Sky to Virgin. I ended the Sky a few days early. I then used an EE data sim which had 100gb on it. The Now box linked to it same as it would to any other WiFi.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you. Got my Id mobile wifi, haven't connected Now tv to it as yet as
should have my main home line back today... just glad I have the option
should this happen again. Thank you
Mattie

@4268 how do you connect your mobile hotspot to it. I'm trying to do it. I have unlimited data on my EE phone

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Mattie 

What device are you trying to connect? As the original post didn’t specify

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Mattie 

Go into the Network Connection area of Settings (may be a slightly different, but similar, name) on the device you want to connect, and change the WiFi SSID and password there to the ones given you by the WiFi hotspot on the phone, instead of the ones for your router.

Then just carry on using the device normally, starting up Now, or whatever you want to do.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.