Legend 5
Legend 5

Marvel news

Hey @ukbobboy @commanda6 @Andy @mark_suff 

and anyone else I may have missed (sorry!) 🙂

Apologies if this has been brought up already, but has anyone heard of this? 🙂

https://news.marvel.com/tv/59021/marvels-runaways-finds-cast/

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
6 REPLIES 6
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

Hi Casey

I've never heard of the Runaways before, cheers for the info.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

With it saying "Hulu" I wonder if we will get this show? 🙂

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 being made by ABC studios, so I'd expect it to appear on NOW TV as a boxset at some point in the future, just depends on who gets first UK dibs.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@caseyb1993 being made by ABC studios, so I'd expect it to appear on NOW TV as a boxset at some point in the future, just depends on who gets first UK dibs.

@Anonymous User Great! 🙂

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User Great! 🙂

Hi @caseyb1993

Given that Channel 4  has first dibs on Marvel's agents of shield, it's possible that Channel 4 might try and get first dibs on this as well. As @Anonymous User says, because ABC studios are involved it will probably appear on NowTV as a box set at some point, but if Channel 4 broadcasting managed to get first UK dibs, then it will take quite a while for it to appear on NowTV.

Channel 4  has more resources than people think because they don't have shareholders to pay dividends to. (They are a publicly owned, not-for-profit organisation) So it wouldn't surprise me if Channel 4 manage to get first dibs if they do, I just hope they put it on Channel 4 so that it is available in HD because if they were to put it on E4 it would be available in SD only on free to air, which for a comic book -related show would be just criminal.

Either way, from our point of view. If sky or Channel 4 get it. That's not a bad thing because if sky get it. It will almost certainly be on NowTV. I can't imagine the BBC or ITV going for it. It would be bad if sci-fi went for it though.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

abc make the shows because they are owned by Disney who in turn own Marvel. Even the Netflix shows are done by abc.

For this show it's possible Netflix UK grab the rights as they already have a relationship, C4 could as they've got SHIELD (but bumped it to E4), Fox had Carter, but any of the other networks could make an effort including those not on NOW TV like Syfy, W[atch], Amazon.

I'd expect if anyone other than Netflix or Amazon get it, abc will eventually make the episodes available as a boxset via NOW TV, but you could be looking at 6 months - a year after the final episode airs elsewhere.