cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Marvel Universe Assemble!

So what are everyones thoughts on that Infinity War trailer? If you haven't seen it do check it out and come right back here and let me know!

I've had a watch and was struggling to contain my excitement while sitting at my desk! 

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Christoper Nolan's  Batman Trilogy was a hard act to follow for Warner Brothers, but I for one am glad to see the DC characters on the 'Big Screen'.

Marvel got their act together early with the 22 movie arc starting with Iron Man and ending with the as yet untitled Avengers 4 movie, possibly called 'Infinity Gauntlet'.

Zoe Saldana did say she would be back to work on 'Gauntlet' in an Interview I read somewhere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe#Films

Back to Marvel and we've yet to see the 6th orange (Soul) stone, unless it appears in 'Ragnorak' which I've yet to see.

cheers

Rob

ukbobboy
Legend

@Karl-F @Anonymous User @Andy @commanda6

Hi Karl

You said, "...Marvel got in their early with the style of their marvel films and because they've done it so well, it will be really hard for DC to get on level terms...".  You know, I don't entirely agree with you because WB started to make block busting super hero films, such as Christopher Reeves Superman and Micheal Keaton's Batman, while Marvel was still trying to scratch out a living. 

Where Marvel got it right, and WB/DC are struggling to come up with a coherent strategy, is that their writers are comic book writers, and so have a thorough understanding of their super hero properties and main villains, while WB/DC's whole objective is to bring in writers and directors when needed and, most importantly, who are show biz people that know very little, if anything, about the DC comic book characters, heroes and villains, they are directing and/or writing about.

Now, I write all this not because I am pro-Marvel, I used to read both Marvel and DC comics back in the day, but because the DC super hero films could be so much better but, I guess, when WB took over DC they did not employ the DC comic book talent.  However, if you check out the names on the credits of Marvel's film and TV properties you will see the names of people that were originally involved in the production of Marvel comic books.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

Hi Guys

Here is the trailer that's currently blowing the Internet, Marvel's Infinity War Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZfuNTqbHE8

UK Bob

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F wrote:

So what are everyones thoughts on that Infinity War trailer? If you haven't seen it do check it out and come right back here and let me know!

I've had a watch and was struggling to contain my excitement while sitting at my desk! 

@Andy  @Karl-F It looks like this is another film that I'm going to have to watch in 4K HDR :smileyvery-happy : when the 4K Blu-ray comes out that is Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.