cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lost Remote

Is there any chance to operate now tv box on the Panasonic tv without the remote control? 

The now tv box in not connected to WiFi because of the same problem 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. If you've lost the remote for the NOW TV box you could use the official Roku remote app for mobiles/tablets but this needs the box to be connected to the same wifi network as your phone/tablet so won't help you in this case. You would need a remote or an euivalent remote eg some models of Roku boxes.

Is there any particular reason the box isn't connected to the wifi network?

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Yep, you can buy a replacement remote control from the Sky Accessorises Shop.

https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/now-tv/all

If you have an older white box you can use the black remote has a direct replacement, where if it was me and i was using a white box and my TV had a HDMI port i would look at upgrading to the nowtv black box with a bundled voucher pass which Curry's are currently selling for £10.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Same thing happens to me but slightly different. The reason my now tv box is not
Connected to wifi is because i took it to a friends house now i cant use the remote to connect to the wifi
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My button under battery compartment is not flashing green and can't pair I ordered replacement but I got black one it doesn't have reset button like yellow one so can't pair I have nowtv box not roku n nowtv stick is there anyway I can get them both connected to same wifi and how I get past pairing stage if remote not working 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't get past pairing to connect tv to same wifi connection 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User , @Andy
NOW TV App for Android/ iPhone has a remote built into app which controls all NOW TV box and can have up to four boxes if that app helpful to use rather than Roku remote app.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I know the iPhone app does but I didn't realise it had been extended to Android so that's good to know. 

It wouldn't help in this particular case as the box has been reset and needs setting up, but for normal use I agree the remote apps are useful.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you I didn’t know that 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can’t find it I am on iPad...I’ve got the app but no remote.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User The virtual remote feature is just built into the app for iPhone users, it doesn't appear on iPad devices (so if you wanted a virtual remote you'd need to download the Roku Remote app instead). Like I say though it wouldn't have helped in your case as both box and iPhone need to be connected to wifi for it to work.