cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lost Remote

Is there any chance to operate now tv box on the Panasonic tv without the remote control? 

The now tv box in not connected to WiFi because of the same problem 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. If you've lost the remote for the NOW TV box you could use the official Roku remote app for mobiles/tablets but this needs the box to be connected to the same wifi network as your phone/tablet so won't help you in this case. You would need a remote or an euivalent remote eg some models of Roku boxes.

Is there any particular reason the box isn't connected to the wifi network?

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. If you've lost the remote for the NOW TV box you could use the official Roku remote app for mobiles/tablets but this needs the box to be connected to the same wifi network as your phone/tablet so won't help you in this case. You would need a remote or an euivalent remote eg some models of Roku boxes.

Is there any particular reason the box isn't connected to the wifi network?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is the new flat I just moved in. I found everything except the remote. I can’t connected it to the WiFi without the remote is that true?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User So presumably the box is still looking for the old wifi network and you can't connect it to the new wifi network because you haven't got a remote? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yea

that’s probably right 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User As long as you haven't tried to hard reset the NOW TV box then with fingers crossed and a bit of luck you should be able to solve it. Let me know if you still have your old router from your previous house or not and I'll do my best to help!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do not have the old router.

i haven’t touched the now tv box but on my tv it say let’s get started so I presume that it want start from the beginning the set up. I’ve got the app on my iPad but not on my tv is Panasonic 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Oh Smiley Sad I'm afraid that's a bit of bad news as it looks like the box needs setting up from scratch and unfortunately there's no way to do that with the remote app, the only way to set it up now is with a physical remote.

Easiest way would be to find a friend or family member with a remote you can borrow. 

If not you can buy a replacement remote from the Sky Store. The link is here
https://accessories.sky.com/catalogue/now-tv/all

The alternative is to buy a new box - Currys are selling them for about £20 at the moment with 3 months entertainment pass which if you subscribe to NOW TV entertainment already makes it in effect free.

It's worth downloading the official Roku Remote app on your iPad from the App Store as a reserve remote for the future but unfortunately it won't help in this case.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. I thought so that would be the case. I saw now tv box and 2 months cinema pass in Argos for £12 Minot just do that. But for now I am still in for a lookout lol in my sons toy box 🙂 thanks again 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You're welcome, hope you get sorted one way or the other! Smiley Happy