cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Local Radio Stations

Is anyone aware how I can listen to a local radio station other than in the area where I live? Using the internet is not an option.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are using a nowtv box, then have you tried the Tunein Radio App in the box Apps Store to see if you can receive the BBC Radio Nottingham station ?

Wouldn't see no reason why your internet would block this when using the above Tunein App on your nowtv box.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Without using the Internet you are little restricted with the amount of radio stations that you can listen too.

Maybe look at purchasing a DAB radio or use the radio stations numbers 700 and above on Freeview TV.

List of stations on DAB radio listed here.

http://www.enjoydab.co.uk/dab-stations.aspx

You would need to check the DAB coverage in your area if going down the DAB route.

http://www.ukdigitalradio.com/coverage/

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  what stations are you looking for?  On the smart box you may pick up other stations on the freeview section, though they will still be fairly local.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 4268,

I have Now TV and live in Exeter. There are available on the menu along with TV sations those of local radio in the Exeter area. However, whilst I live in Exeter, I am looking to acess BBC Radio Nottingham (freeview channel 720). I was wondering if there was any setting available to get BBC Radio Nottm in lieu of Exeter local stations. 

Thanks for your previous posting. Any further ideas.

i have tried NOW TV chat line but no progress. I thought changing the residential address might do the trick, or changing settings in the Now TV box. Any advance on ideas. 

I can get BBC Radio Nottingham via the internet, however the programme I am seeking is blocked on line.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you are using a nowtv box, then have you tried the Tunein Radio App in the box Apps Store to see if you can receive the BBC Radio Nottingham station ?

Wouldn't see no reason why your internet would block this when using the above Tunein App on your nowtv box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps

Great I am getting some response from you and the community re getting local radio through Now TV.

I will check out your suggestion, but not too up on Apps! The reson that BBC Radio Nottm is blocked is a legal issue when this programme is on air. It is only available locally for commercial reasons. So this is why I am looking for alternative ways to get the programme. 

I will have to investigate your suggestion further.

Thanks, Stephen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

A very big thank you to Schnapps - I managed to overcome my App phobia and located the Tunein app in the Now TV box. I downloaded it to my saved apps. So far so good. 

I then located BBC Radio Nottingham and followed the prompts and there it was. Excellent work!

The test will come when they transmit the live football in 2 weeks time. This is normally blocked "due to commercial reasons" to those not in the Nottingham area. 

Either way I have now discovered a resevoir of more possibilities on NOW TV. 

A big thank you.

Stephen.