Did you mean: 
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Justice League/Wonder Woman

@ukbobboy @Andy

This will interest you.

The sneak peak for Justice League part 1 has been released:

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/justice-league-first-trailer-surprises-comic-con-watch-1201821480/

Also, so has the Wonder Woman teaser:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/07/23/watch-kickass-wonder-woman-trailer-premieres-at-com...

You're welcome 😉

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Seen it already! 😄 Didn't tell you as you didn't sound sure if you were going to or not, plus the reviews were that poor so I wasn't going to admit to it on here that I loved and end up having to face all the 'it was rubbish, nobody else likes it, they don't know how to make movies,  blah blah etc' comments.

But now I know you've seen it and liked it bring the discussion on!

Spoiler

One phrase to start with : Pet Semetary! 😄 

PS And let's get this out of the way right at the beginning .... Can't be sure about the CGIed out tash, but the bit right at the beginning where the kid is videoing Supes on their phone and the bit with Lois in the cornfield looked suspiciously rubbery to me! 😄

View solution in original post

50 REPLIES 50
ukbobboy
Legend

Hey Guys

Suicide Squad is now out in the US and will soon be out here, but guys, the news coming out is not good.

Oh boy, it seems the ball has been dropped again.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy According to wikipedia, it has negative reviews and the Joker isn't in it much. Darn. 😞

I won't be watching it until the 30th anyway Smiley Frustrated

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

Hi Casey

You know, my son first warned me about the bad reviews coming out of the US, he also said that WB/DC wanted to say it was Rotten Tomatoes that had an anti-DC bias against their films, hence the bad reviews.

However, there are so many bad reviews that some are saying that this film is not as good as the Fantastic Four 2015 movie, and that was a turkey to end all turkeys.

What will WB/DC do now?

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Most of the time, I don't go by what Rotten Tomatoes/Meta Critic say as my opinion is usually the opposite. 😄

At the end of the day, it is down to the viewer's opinion and not what the critics tell you. 🙂

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

Once again, I totally agree with you but Rotten Tomatoes isn't just one or two critics the reviews are taken from a from a wide variety of sources from across the US.

Anyway, like you, I'll wait until the (US) public start posting reviews then we'll get a real taste of what this film is really like.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Did you know Harley Quinn could be getting her own movie? 🙂

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

Hi Casey

I had heard from some commentators that a Harley Quinn movies was a possibility but if Suicide Squad bombs then all bets are off.

You know, if I was advising Margot Robbie, the actress playing Harley Quinn, I would tell her to have nothing to do with the franchise unless WB/DC do some serious upgrades. 

Anyway, the success or failure of the  Suicide Squad movie could determine the direction of the DCEU.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy I did read it a while ago but can't seem to find where I read it from 😞

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

Hi Casey

My son and I watched Batman v Superman (Ultimate Edition) yesterday and both agreed that this is a much better film than the theatrical version, which is a butchered mess.

Let me explain, without putting in any spoilers, the first thing is this version of the movie is 3 hours long, get comfortable and prepare for a long enjoyable ride.

Second, all the "glue" that cemented the story together have been put back in and now nearly everything in the film makes sense, you are no longer left wondering why (???) something took place.

And third, and most importantly, Ben Afflect's Batman is the ultimate middle-aged, bad-ass, sullen and most angry of all the portrayals of this character I have ever seen, he was good, very good.

Finally, Batman v Superman (Ultimate Edition) now clearly shows the way (and can be call a prequel) to the Justice League Movie.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy We watched the ultimate edition earlier this week but I only really noticed one or two extra scenes Smiley Frustrated

Granted, this was at 3am, I didn't realise how long the ultimate version was. 😄

I'll have to watch the theatrical version again to see if I notice anything missing. 😉

It is still a really good film that didn't deserve the hate. 🙂