cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

I keep getting logged off nowtv community forum

Just wondering if anybody else is having trouble staying logged onto the nowtv community forum, which has been happening for the last 5 to 7 days ?

I have no problem "signing in" and staying logged on for say about 10 minutes, but after a short period of time for some unknown reason i find myself being logged out of the system.

It happens on all the internet browsers that i have tried Microsoft Edge (which is my preferred option) Firefox, Chrome etc.

I am using a Windows 10 tablet with the latest software update and all my internet browsers are also up to date.

I have tried clearing browser data, cookies and cleaning the temporary memory files without any success

Never had his problem before (i am guessing it's a setting issue on my tablet) ?

Any help or suggestions would be much welcome.

Thanks

24 REPLIES 24
ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps

You know it Schnapps

The same thing happens to me all the time, I guess after a few minutes of inactivity you are automatically logged out, I think it's a safety precaution.

Anyway, whatever it is I can live with it, even though it can be a bit annoying.

UK Bob

PS. I use Opera.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

Thanks for the heads up UK Bob.

Back when i was on the forum regularly last year the system kept you constantly logged in (until you signed out if my memory serves me right) which was the method that i preferred.

Perhaps, like you said the newer system now looks at any non inactivity or some sort of time limit and will automatically sign you out of the forums.

If that's the case i much prefer the older format.Smiley Mad

Can anybody else confirm either way ?  

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps

It's definitely a fault with the forum and has been the case for a good few months now. It's been discussed with the NOW TV Team but despite some tweaking on their part to try to fix it it's still around. Most people probably won't notice if they log in to just post a question and then log off, but regulars like yourself who are on the forum for extended periods will notice it. It does vary from one device and browser to another, I'm an Apple user so for me it works almost perfectly on the Mac, but on iOS Chrome it's an annoyance and on iOS Safari it's a nightmare (so maybe less of an issue for desktops/laptops than tablets?)

Dont know if or when it will be sorted so just something you have to find peace with eg have a drink every time you get an authentication error, eat a chocolate biscuit every time it asks you to sign in when you click reply etc. I'm sure you can come with your own versions! 😉

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @schnapps

Yeah Andy

Like listening to cool tunes and having a beer, now that's the way to make peace with the forum gremlins.

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5

Same here. I blame the weather
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

For me, I CAN'T sign out. As soon as I click log off, I have to go back to the forum and see I am still "logged in".

However, I have to sign back in to sign out again. Sometimes I have to do this 3+ times. 😞

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Oh yeah signing out is such fun! I'm really pleased with myself when I get redirected to the NOW TV website (about 1 in 3), it's almost like finding there's another jammy dodger at the bottom of the packet when you thought you'd eaten the last one!

Maybewhen winter comes and there's fewer distractions to enjoy, we could devise our own little game, scoring points for each something doesn't work when expected, bonus prizes when it does work, a big leaderboard to see who scores the most ...

will schnapps overtake UKBob with a reply to message success?  ...

Oh no, Andy's slips down to bottom place with another authentication error! ...

We could call it NOW TV roulette and have a big spinning wheel and flashing lights!! ...

With Anne Hegarty from the Chase to spin it!! ...

In her Governess outfit!! ...

Cos I like Anne Hegarty in her Governess outfit ...

...Have I gone too far yet? 😉

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy It is quite an annoyance. Sometimes it'll give me a break and let me sign out the once for a while and then it will start again. 😞

I love The Chase! Sometime I think it is fixed though if ITV don't have the prize money. 😄

Roulette sounds great! Russian Roulette sounds better! 😉

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Oh I love The Chase as well, it's schnapps so he won't mind us hijacking the thread! Who's your favourite? Anne's great, but I like Sean too, bless him, he,s getting on as bit he,s not as quick as the others! 🙂