cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Horror Film of the Year! Ring vs The Grudge

OK so horror movie mashups don't have a great track record - Alien v Predator, Freddy Vs Jason but ....

For any fans of Asian Horror this has to be the film of the year ... 

Let's see Sadako and Kayako, two of the freakiest creations ever to come out of Japan, face off against each other!

https://youtu.be/0pOQR9hm-yk

@caseyb1993 you definitely need to watch this! It's out in Japan in June but there's no news on a UK release yet ... if it doesn't we definitely need to come up with a money making scheme to get us to Tokyo in time! 😄

6月18日(土)禁断の決戦が幕を開ける―― http://sadakovskayako.jp/ 『リング』シリーズ・貞子 VS 『呪怨』シリーズ・伽椰子 日本ホラー史上最大の歴史的スーパープロジェクト始動! 決して出会ってはいけない2つの「呪い」が絡まる時、世紀の最恐対決がはじまる! #さだかや
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Whilst we are on the subject of horrors @Andy, have you seen this site?

https://www.shudder.com

It's the NOWTV of horrors! I haven't joined but it looks good.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂

View solution in original post

604 REPLIES 604
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

To be fair 1932 is ever so slightly before my time Smiley Wink

@commanda6 Cheeky so-and-so it's before my bl*#%dy time as well! 😄

Seriously if you've never caught any of the classic Universal monster movies they really are worth watching, they're still iconic 80 years later for a reason. I was bought the Universal Monsters collection on bluray a couple of years back and they look absolutely amazing for their age, and are perfect entertainment for rainy Sunday afternoons - I'd recommend sticking it on your Xmas list (pretty cheap too!)

My all time favourite is Bride of Frankenstein, it's entertainment gold 

image.jpeg

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy I like the Lon Chaney "Phantom of the Opera". Now that is gold. 🙂

I can't believe the audience back then boo'ed it. 😞

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Oh you're absolutely right there Casey, the make up is amazing, really chilling. That's the big disappointment in the Monsters Collection bluray, instead of the 1925 Lon Chaney classic they've put the rubbish 1943 colour version on. It's the only duffer in the boxset! Smiley Mad

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy did you know that there is supposed to be a lost P.O.T.O movie from 1916? 😮

"Das Phantom der Oper"

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

Erm, erm, yes of course I know all about the 1916 Austrian classic 'DAs Phantom det Oper' what do you think I am, a horror movie novice or something?? How insulting!!

*quickly closes Wikipedia tab and deletes Internet history*

Nope, you got me there! The earliest my horror movie experience goes back to is Nosferatu (1922) but I DO love that film and have mentioned it many times in here, when you watch that you realise just about every horror movie since has nicked things from it, and the image of Max Schreck is still one of the freakiest things on film

image.jpeg

Can't remember asking you if you've ever seen it? Probably not worth buying on bluray unless your bonkers like me, but there's plenty of YouTUBE VERSIONS (although try and watch a remastered HD version as most of the YouTube versions are pants and not worthy of such a classic film).

I think it's a shame not many people like watching the old silent classics anymore, they are slow (and often slllooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww) compared to today's movies but it makes you realise how many other modern films haves ripped them off since!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

Can't remember asking you if you've ever seen it?

Simple answer is no....

Unless my dad's T-shirt counts with the shadow on the stairs pic. 😮

Did you mention Werner Herzog? 

As I bought this for dear ol' dad a few Xmas' back. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I5PO8GY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

As I bought this for dear ol' dad a few Xmas' back. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00I5PO8GY/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@caseyb1993 Oh I'm mega jealous! Looked at that longingly a few times! Only seen the Herzog version a LONg time ago and would love to see it again, never seems to come on TV BUT .... guess which horror movie streaming subscription service happens to have it on at the moment?
#HurryUpXmas
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Hmmmmmm.....

I'm going to guess...... shudder. 😉

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Correct, although you're saying it wrong, it's more *imagines possession by demonic entity*  SHUDDDDDDERRRR!!!!! 

image.jpeg

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy I'm already beginning to regret showing you the website. LOL. 😄 😄