cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Horror Film of the Year! Ring vs The Grudge

OK so horror movie mashups don't have a great track record - Alien v Predator, Freddy Vs Jason but ....

For any fans of Asian Horror this has to be the film of the year ... 

Let's see Sadako and Kayako, two of the freakiest creations ever to come out of Japan, face off against each other!

https://youtu.be/0pOQR9hm-yk

@caseyb1993 you definitely need to watch this! It's out in Japan in June but there's no news on a UK release yet ... if it doesn't we definitely need to come up with a money making scheme to get us to Tokyo in time! 😄

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Whilst we are on the subject of horrors @Andy, have you seen this site?

https://www.shudder.com

It's the NOWTV of horrors! I haven't joined but it looks good.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂

View solution in original post

604 REPLIES 604
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 The bad news is Shudder is now showing

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1227789/

which looks pretty naff so I'll give that one a miss. Still only 1 hour 10 mins until the next one starts! I'm off now but don't worry if you get an email notification at 3am it's only me letting you know Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead is on! (And yes that is a real horror film 😄 )

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Huh,  so it is 😮

According to wikipedia, it is a musical??? 😄

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @Andy @SeeMoreDigital

Hi Guys

Just to let you know, the new MUMMY film will star Tom Cruise, which is either good news if your a TC fan or bad news if you are not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjHgzkQM2Sg

BTW, here is the official trailer, which includes TC.

UK Bob

PS. May be the name of the film should be Tom Cruise and the Mummy.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

@ukbobboy wrote:

PS. May be the name of the film should be Tom Cruise and the Mummy.

image.jpeg

Ooo ere, stop messing about!!!!

Thanks for the link, I don't mind Tom Cruise personally but I appreciate he's a bit of a Marmite actor. Must say The Mummy wouldn't have been my choice to open the Universal Monster Universe, never been one of my favourite characters, but Johnny Depp's Invisible Man could be. good fun and I'm looking forward to my personal favourites The Wolfman and Bride of Frankenstein.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy

Hi Andy

I'm not really saying I don't like Tom Cruise in films, just some of them.  However, I dislike the following two stars and now basically refuse to watch any films they are in.

1) Kevin Costner

I think he is an overrated actor that cannot really act, he actually over acts (hams it up), he does not help the narrative of any movie he's in, he dominates it (look at me, the great Kevin Costner) .

The only film I can actually stand him in was Man of Steel, and that was because his part was kept to a bear minimum, i.e. his character got killed off quickly.

2) Nicolas Cage

Another actor that plays the "Look at me" game and likes to serve thick slices of ham throughout his films.  I honestly do not understand why studios think he is a magnet for movie goers, i.e look at the two Ghost Rider films.

As for Tom Cruise, he is steadily "cruising" towards being another Kevin Costner or Nicolas Cage but he is not there yet.  However, he can act and has made some very good films, the three I really enjoyed were Collateral (2004), Knight and Day (2010) and Edge of Tomorrow (2014), there may be others but I can't think of them.

You know Andy, you may be right about TC being "Marmite" but I don't think he's there yet.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy I'm up for that! Tokyo is on my bucket list! 😄

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 and anyone else who loves a good horror film

New horror movie of the year could be Greasy Strangler ... it looks like it's going to be the Human Centipede 2 but with ... a strangler .... who's greasy ... erm, ye that just about sums it up!

If that sounds like your kind of thing look up the trialer* on your favourite search engine, and if it's not stay well away ....

*trailer link not provided due to forum decency!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy What the heck did I just watch....? 😮 😮

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 my thoughts exactly! 😄

If that's not worth the price of a cinema ticket I don't know what is! 😄

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Absolutely bonkers! Lol 😄 😄