cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Horror Film of the Year! Ring vs The Grudge

OK so horror movie mashups don't have a great track record - Alien v Predator, Freddy Vs Jason but ....

For any fans of Asian Horror this has to be the film of the year ... 

Let's see Sadako and Kayako, two of the freakiest creations ever to come out of Japan, face off against each other!

https://youtu.be/0pOQR9hm-yk

@caseyb1993 you definitely need to watch this! It's out in Japan in June but there's no news on a UK release yet ... if it doesn't we definitely need to come up with a money making scheme to get us to Tokyo in time! 😄

6月18日(土)禁断の決戦が幕を開ける―― http://sadakovskayako.jp/ 『リング』シリーズ・貞子 VS 『呪怨』シリーズ・伽椰子 日本ホラー史上最大の歴史的スーパープロジェクト始動! 決して出会ってはいけない2つの「呪い」が絡まる時、世紀の最恐対決がはじまる! #さだかや
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Whilst we are on the subject of horrors @Andy, have you seen this site?

https://www.shudder.com

It's the NOWTV of horrors! I haven't joined but it looks good.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂

View solution in original post

604 REPLIES 604
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Well I'm not trying to sway your decision but I've read The Maze Runner and I really enjoyed it! Then again Audible could be a good choice for a book as long as IT, then you can do other stuff while you're listening .... Then again check out the samples, I hate it when you get an American narrator who taaalllkksssss sooooooo sllloooooowwwwwwwwllllyyyyyy especially when he's reading a 1000 page book! 😄

Yep that is a hard decision, I'm leaving it up to you, not taking the blame for this one, no sirree!! 😄

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy That is why I like audible. 🙂

It would take me 27 years just to read 1000 pages, I may as well just listen! 😄

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Well, did you see IT? Did ya, did ya?? 😄

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 IT? Seen IT? What's IT? What is it?? 😄

Yep seen it, as predicted loved it, great update to the Tim Curry version (which I still love just as much!) ... I'm thinking of this as an alternate-universe version so in my mind both versions exist happily together! Great Pennywise and very creepy and scary, kids were great as well, especially Ritchie and Bev. And I'm glad the second film has been greenlit now so we won't be left high and dry.

My mate now wants the new Pennywise pop for Xmas to go with the original one! 😄

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Yay!! I have it already preordered on Google Play. I honestly wasn't expecting the beginning with poor Georgie. 😞

Spoiler
Don't put your hand in Georgie, run! You can have another boat, just run! Poor kid. 😞
Did you notice when Pennywise was dancing that his head never moved? It just stayed perfectly still. 😮
Did you think it went overboard with the jump scares? You could just predict that they were coming. 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

Spoiler

Yeah I know what you mean about the jump scares, but I think you've got to have some really to please the fans - it's a horror film and while it has a very creepy freaky feel to it, especially anytime the clown version appears, it doesn't really have many 'scary' parts to the story so I think you need to shove some jumps in to get the audience screaming - there were loads of teenagers in last night and they can be relied on to scream apt every jump scare!

The Georgie bit is my favourite part of the original, and I think Tim Curry still does that better! But you'll have to watch the original now to see!

One part I was pleased with is how they handled the 'Bev' moment ... Dunno if you know the story of the book but there's an obvious plot point that can't be filmed, but they handled it really well in the film - where Bev gets cartes off and is revived by Ben - much better than the Tim Curry one that just glossed over the whole thing.

Big test is how they handle part 2 cos the adults bit of the original was definitely weak, need engaging lead actors and plenty of tension to build up.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

Spoiler
When it said "Chapter one" at the end, I genuinely didn't know that there was an adults arc. I thought it meant new kids or something.

Did any part in particular freak you out? The projector scene got me a little bit. 
Also, loved the part where he came out of the fridge. "This isn't real enough for you?"
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

Spoiler
Georgie is always the freakiest bit I think, and they did it particularly well. True story when I was a little kid my toy plane glided over next door and I couldn't quite reach it through the bars of the fencing so I shoved my head somehow between the bars to each the plane and got my head stuck, I was bloody terrified until the neighbour came to rescue me! So Georgie losing the boat in the storm drain brings back bad memories for me aha! I also thought Bev and the sink was a great scene! The sheep bit wasn't keen on! Also loved the fact that you just got a glimpse of spider IT so there's plenty left to see in Part 2.

Did you end up getting IT on Audible or did you go for someone else. Noticed I've got a free trial again so I'm thinking what to get!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy 

Spoiler
How long were you stuck there for?? 😮

What on earth is Spider IT? Is that Spiderman's clown doppelganger?? 😄

Yeah, I didn't like the sheep scene ever. It couldn't have been off screen or not at all? 😞

No I haven't yet to be honest, I did download a sample of the book though on kindle. It seems pretty good for what the sample was. 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

It felt like 5 hours but it was probably about 2 minutes ... I was shouting so much the neighbour thought I was dying! 😄

Spoiler
Spider IT is real IT which you got a glimpse of, but hopefully we will see a lot more of in Part 2!