cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Horror Film of the Year! Ring vs The Grudge

OK so horror movie mashups don't have a great track record - Alien v Predator, Freddy Vs Jason but ....

For any fans of Asian Horror this has to be the film of the year ... 

Let's see Sadako and Kayako, two of the freakiest creations ever to come out of Japan, face off against each other!

https://youtu.be/0pOQR9hm-yk

@caseyb1993 you definitely need to watch this! It's out in Japan in June but there's no news on a UK release yet ... if it doesn't we definitely need to come up with a money making scheme to get us to Tokyo in time! 😄

6月18日(土)禁断の決戦が幕を開ける―― http://sadakovskayako.jp/ 『リング』シリーズ・貞子 VS 『呪怨』シリーズ・伽椰子 日本ホラー史上最大の歴史的スーパープロジェクト始動! 決して出会ってはいけない2つの「呪い」が絡まる時、世紀の最恐対決がはじまる! #さだかや
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Whilst we are on the subject of horrors @Andy, have you seen this site?

https://www.shudder.com

It's the NOWTV of horrors! I haven't joined but it looks good.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂

View solution in original post

604 REPLIES 604
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy I thought I would test out the refurbished cinema. It has recliner seats and a snack table for your nibbles! 😮

Please don't hate it. 😉

I'm already getting hate on Facebook just because I liked the film. What, am I not allowed to enjoy a movie now? 😄 

People are saying Pennywise sounds like a certain cartoon dog. 😉

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Huh really? I thought everybody was loving it! I'm expecting it to be amazing!

I thought Pennywise was going for a mad lots of different voices and expressions and actions in a manic type style, which I would have thought was spot on.

I'd be surprised if I don't love it, unlike The Exorcist (which should never ever be remade EVER!) I think there's definitely room in my life for two movie versions of IT!! 🙂

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy I'm thinking of buying the book but is it hard to read? A lot of books I gave up on like Lord of the rings as it give me such a headache! 

I don't want to waste money if I'm not going to read it. 

Looking at the 80's/90's trailer, it does look a tad cheesy but I'm willing to give it a go. 🙂

What would Pennywise turn into for you (if you were still a kid)? 

For me, it would be spiders. I hate those greedy little things with their 8 legs!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

Well it's LONG that's for sure, and for me personally it drags a bit (I always preferred the movie) but whilst the movie I think does a pretty good job of following the book there's obviously a lot more in the book, fleshing out particularly the child characters with a more abusive/violent aspect to their lives, there's also a famously controversial plot point that happens in the book which if you've not heard about it already you definitely need to avoid spoilers on. If you fancy a LONG read then go for it, but tbh if you're happy with the movie I wouldn't really bother (is that thousands of King fans I hear sharpening their knives?!?)

Funny you should mention spiders ....

For me it would probably be birds, big black raveny type birds that are waiting to peck my eyes out ...

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Aww ye defI give the Tim Curry a go, it's dated for sure and the 'adult' half is weaker than the really very good 'kids' half, but it's SO iconic you have to say you've seen it. I'd recommend grabbing a load of red balloons, blowing them up and painting your face for the occasion, get the family round, make it an IT party, but then I'm bonkers! 😉

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy I went in the screening asking "what is IT? What does IT mean?". I felt foolish when the answer was so simple! 😄 😄 

Hey, in 27 years, this one could be dated too! A bit random that number... 🙂

I might dust of the ol' normal kindle and give the book a shot as it I'd waaaaay cheaper than a paper/hardback. 😮

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Actually aren't Amazon doing a 2 month free trial of kindle unlimited at the mo? Not sure if IT is unlimited-ready but could be one way of reading it for free!

Edit: no it's not 😞

The paperbacks cheaper at £4 but 2-5 week wait, everyone must be buying it! 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Yeah I've seen that offer on my Kindle Fire. No more storage for books though. 😄

Hopefully my Kindle still has life in it. 🙂

It is on audible as well and they have given me another free trial which means a free credit. Decisions.... 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Oh I love Audible! I wonder if it's Tim Curry narrating, I'd snap that up!

PS do you ever listen on 1.25x speed? It's make them go faster and you hardly notice the difference ... Not squeaky Donald Duck voices at all! 😄

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy I've used Audible a few times. I've just realised, I never did get The Maze Runner from it which is what I originally signed up for. 😄

Now it is a tough choice. 😮

How amazing would a Donald Duck narration be? 😄