cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Horror Film of the Year! Ring vs The Grudge

OK so horror movie mashups don't have a great track record - Alien v Predator, Freddy Vs Jason but ....

For any fans of Asian Horror this has to be the film of the year ... 

Let's see Sadako and Kayako, two of the freakiest creations ever to come out of Japan, face off against each other!

https://youtu.be/0pOQR9hm-yk

@caseyb1993 you definitely need to watch this! It's out in Japan in June but there's no news on a UK release yet ... if it doesn't we definitely need to come up with a money making scheme to get us to Tokyo in time! 😄

6月18日(土)禁断の決戦が幕を開ける―― http://sadakovskayako.jp/ 『リング』シリーズ・貞子 VS 『呪怨』シリーズ・伽椰子 日本ホラー史上最大の歴史的スーパープロジェクト始動! 決して出会ってはいけない2つの「呪い」が絡まる時、世紀の最恐対決がはじまる! #さだかや
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Whilst we are on the subject of horrors @Andy, have you seen this site?

https://www.shudder.com

It's the NOWTV of horrors! I haven't joined but it looks good.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂

View solution in original post

604 REPLIES 604
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Found one! On FunimationNow, there is an anime called 91 days. Its only 12 episodes and is a revenge story. Hope that's okay for now. 😉

About the fire stick app, my friend says it is unstable for him but for me it works perfectly. So it is 50:50 for you. 😄

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Cheers @caseyb1993 quite like the sound of Attack on Titan so if I'm feeling brave I might give it a try, I'll let you know! 

Who's a star? ....

image.png

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @caseyb1993 @Anonymous User

Hi Guys

I feel like an intruder in this thread but I'll put my 2 cents worth in here coz's I've got a little bit to contribute Smiley Happy

I have been watching "Attack on Titan - Season 1" and I'm enjoying it, I've got as far as episode 8 and plan to plow on through the final 17.  I think season 2 is now out, but I'm not sure.

My son as just bought "Mirai Nikki: Future Diary (6 Disk Boxset)", I've no idea what it's about but I think it's got to be good.

He's also got "Resident Evil: Vendetta" on order, which is not strictly anime (I think) but is CGI animation, and I definitely plan to watch that when it arrives.

Resident Evil - Vendetta (2017).jpg

Nuff said.

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

@Andy @caseyb1993 @Anonymous User

Hi Guys

I feel like an intruder in this thread

@ukbobboy Never worry about that my old China plate, I'm not precious about my threads, I know it's become a bit anime heavy lately but I'm more than happy for them to change direction at any time and feature anything even vaguely related to horror, scifi, anime, tea, monkeys or anything else we feel like chatting about, every contribution welcome and embraced!

I quite enjoy the live action Resident Evil films even tho they get eternally slated (never one for conventional taste as you well know!) so could be worth a look out cheers!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy You're no intruder! Always happy to have some more fans 🙂

Do keep us up to date on your Attack on Titan journey! I'd like to see what you think of it. I haven't started watching Season 2 yet, I'm waiting for it to finish before I do (@caseyb1993 do you know if it's finished airing?)

Mirrai Nikki is one of my favourites! You have got to let me know how that goes when you start it!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Heheee, it looks like you've come to the dark side at last. 😉

@ukbobboy I know what Future Diary is about but haven't watched it personally. Also, you are correct about season 2 of Attack on Titan being out. 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 @Anonymous User

Blimey it's hard word watching anime isn't it!! My biggest problem is finding it in the first place! So I downloaded Funimation app and then managed to find one of the shows on my MAL list that had been recommended but not the first 2 eps were free you had to subscribe for the rest, so tried Crunchyroll next and finding any shows is hard work - I eventually twigged on that whilst MAL usually gives the Japanese name, the apps are using the English names. So I eventually managed to find Gakkougurashi once I works out it was called Schools Live, so that's what I'm watching now! As a cop out I didn't go for Titan as there's too many eps, I wanted one with about a dozen, and I didn't go for the free trial as I already rushed through Death Note to squeeze it in before Netflix ran out, so I'm gonna try and watch it with endless ads maybe one episode a day or so. I'll see what I think, this show is much more what I think of as anime - big bold animation, fast cutting, big-eyed characters! 😄

If I still interested after this then I might give the free trials a go and try and binge watch something!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Shall we have a brief horror interlude? Here's a quirky little horror film that I'll be looking out for on a streaming service near us soon ...

The Lure ...

It's a Polish cannibal mermaid musical ...

and I bet that's a sentence you never thought you'd read on the NOW TV forum!! 😄

Won't post the trailer as it might be a little too mature for the forum rules but check it out, it looks wonderfully weird!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

And while we are temporarily back on horror, if Polish cannibal mermaid musicals aren't your thing (and it's a bit niche I admit) check out Happy Death Day - imagine you get murdered by a slasher serial killer on your birthday and you keep reliving the day over and over until you find out who did it .... Looks like a fun slasher horror channelling Groundhog Day meets Scream with a Chucky-inspired murderer on the loose! Blumhouse are producing it so it should have a bit of flair and style to it!

https://youtu.be/1NTaDm3atkc

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

And while we are temporarily back on horror, if Polish cannibal mermaid musicals aren't your thing (and it's a bit niche I admit) check out Happy Death Day - imagine you get murdered by a slasher serial killer on your birthday and you keep reliving the day over and over until you find out who did it .... Looks like a fun slasher horror channelling Groundhog Day meets Scream with a Chucky-inspired murderer on the loose! Blumhouse are producing it so it should have a bit of flair and style to it!

https://youtu.be/1NTaDm3atkc

@Andy Weirdly enough, you just described the plot to Higurashi (2nd season). Are you psychic?? 😄

Yep, anime is a tiresome (and expensive) hobby. 😉

It is worth it though! (For me anyway as I love my collection). 🙂