cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Horror Film of the Year! Ring vs The Grudge

OK so horror movie mashups don't have a great track record - Alien v Predator, Freddy Vs Jason but ....

For any fans of Asian Horror this has to be the film of the year ... 

Let's see Sadako and Kayako, two of the freakiest creations ever to come out of Japan, face off against each other!

https://youtu.be/0pOQR9hm-yk

@caseyb1993 you definitely need to watch this! It's out in Japan in June but there's no news on a UK release yet ... if it doesn't we definitely need to come up with a money making scheme to get us to Tokyo in time! 😄

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Whilst we are on the subject of horrors @Andy, have you seen this site?

https://www.shudder.com

It's the NOWTV of horrors! I haven't joined but it looks good.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂

View solution in original post

604 REPLIES 604
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

So sorry @Andy!!

I really thought you would have known about the daughter thing! 😞

@caseyb1993 

No worries, the films are that old now I don't think spoilers count anymore! I'm impressed with myself at the mo, not only have I cracked open the Elm Street boxset I've also managed to watch the first episode of Twin Peaks ... taken me about a year!

I'm with you all the way with your Cinema Logic, my record was Star Wars Rogue One ... I was the only one in it ... and I still had to choose my seat when buying the ticket!!!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Yes, that is quite weird. 😮

I'm not a Tom Cruise fan so I don't think I will be watching The Mummy. 

Brendan Fraser Mummy for life! 😄

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

Hi again Casey

You know, I don't so much like Tom Cruise either, but at least he can act and is waaaay better than Nicholas Cage and Kevin Costner.  In fact, the only time I could stomach Kevin Costner is when he was in those two Superman films, and that was purely because they kept his screen-time down to the barest minimum.

Still, if you can overlook Tom Cruise's shenanigans then the Mummy should be a good film, but I think I'll wait until the DVD comes out.

Laters.

Bye.jpg

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5

It's mini monster meal day today ! I really that's a good way to celebrate.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy @Andy @commanda6

Is there any news on the Netflix "The Punisher" series? I am really excited for that!

I'm still only halfway through season 2 of Daredevil so no spoilers for that please. 😉

I am trying to speed watch "Switched At Birth" on here before I attempt Netflix again. 😄

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

Is there any news on the Netflix "The Punisher" series? I am really excited for that!

@caseyb1993 This year, but no date yet. I'd guess after Defenders so maybe a few weeks before Xmas?

I've just signed up to Netflix again a few days ago to catch up on stuff before GoT, great timing on my part just before the heatwave so I've hardly watched anything yet, but hoping to catch up on Bate's Motel, The Expanse and Black Mirror, and maybe give Santa Clarita Diet or Series of Unfortunate Events a go ... Wish me luck!!

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @Andy @Anonymous User

Hi Casey

The heatwave has kept me away from my computer, it was just too hot to do any computering (not sure if that's a real word).

Anyway, as for the Punisher is concerned I understand that it is scheduled to appear in November.  However, I understand that Neflix is shooting Jessica Jones at the moment so I'm guessing that Punisher will not be shot until afterwards .

Still, I think that if Netflix rush the production of Punisher, to meet that November deadline, it could turn out as bad as Iron Fist was but if they take their time then they'll have another winner, so I hope they do not rush.

It's hotting up again so I'm off the PC for a while.

Catch you later.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

@caseyb1993 @Andy @Anonymous User

Hi Casey

The heatwave has kept me away from my computer, it was just too hot to do any computering (not sure if that's a real word).

UK Bob

Hi @ukbobboy

I know what you mean about this warm weather, i am not sure who is coping better me or the computer.

Here are three tips on how to stay cool during this hot weather.

1. Drink plenty of fluids.

smile-emoticons-drink-ice-drinking-lemonade-isolated-60757905.jpg

2. Use a Fan. 

HotFlashSweatFotolia_41930179_XS.jpg

3. Eat plenty of Ice Cream. 

1396705-Cartoon-Yellow-Smiley-Face-Emoji-Emoticon-Eating-A-Waffle-Ice-Cream-Cone-Poster-Art-Print.jpg

Anyway, back on topic evey since i watched Freddy Krueger has a kid that guy just gave me nightmares he totally frightened the life out of me and ever since i can not come to terms in watching horror movies.

The only thing that i can tolerate now are Zombies, but they tend to be slow and cumbersome ( I am ok with blood and gore).

Don't you reckon this guy below is the most frightening horror character ever ?

Freddy-Krueger-Freddy-Krueger-halloween-trick-or-treat-smiley-emoticon-001157-huge.png

Sorry UK Bob, i couldn't help my self by using those emoji themes that you use in your post which puts a smile on my face every time. Smiley Very Happy 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy @schnapps It is actually quite cool my end today. Even a drizzle of rain. 🙂

Did somebody say Ice cream?? 😄

I love horror schnapps but there are the odd few that do scare me to the point that I can't watch. 

I've mentioned before that I can't watch The Crow as the make up terrified me when I was a child! (Not so much a horror movie but when you are little, the whole Goth appearance is quite disturbing. 😉 )

Everyone tells me "Watch it, it is a classic!!" No thanks. 😄

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @schnapps

Hi Schnapps

Yes, I am taking your advice, plenty of fluids, ice cream and use of a fan (gonna have to buy another one).

Electric Fans 02.jpg

And as for electronics, my Roku 3 have been showing some odd behaviour so I disconnected it for a day. I also switched off my two NASes as well.

You know, your emoji's make me laugh as well and I think they brighten up the forum, otherwise it would just be people moaning and groaning all the time.

Hi Casey

I'm with Schnapps when it come so horror but I did like "A Nightmare on Elm Street"  and, likewise, I also tend to only watch Zombie films now.

Zombie Emoji.jpg

Catch you guys later

UK Bob