cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Horror Film of the Year! Ring vs The Grudge

OK so horror movie mashups don't have a great track record - Alien v Predator, Freddy Vs Jason but ....

For any fans of Asian Horror this has to be the film of the year ... 

Let's see Sadako and Kayako, two of the freakiest creations ever to come out of Japan, face off against each other!

https://youtu.be/0pOQR9hm-yk

@caseyb1993 you definitely need to watch this! It's out in Japan in June but there's no news on a UK release yet ... if it doesn't we definitely need to come up with a money making scheme to get us to Tokyo in time! 😄

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Whilst we are on the subject of horrors @Andy, have you seen this site?

https://www.shudder.com

It's the NOWTV of horrors! I haven't joined but it looks good.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂

View solution in original post

604 REPLIES 604
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Brilliant....  Smiley LOL

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

A (very!) short teaser trailer for Universal's The Mummy has been released

https://youtu.be/LAWo9_V2qOg

Love all all the old B&W Universal horrors so looking forward to this rebooted Universal monsterverse and seeing what they do with it all.

Tom Cruise headlines a spectacular, all-new cinematic version of the legend that has fascinated cultures all over the world since the dawn of civilization: The Mummy. Thought safely entombed in a tomb deep beneath the unforgiving desert, an ancient princess (Sofia Boutella of Kingsman: The Secret
ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @caseyb1993 @SeeMoreDigital

Hi Andy

Although you can't tell much from a teaser/trailer, this new "Mummy" looks good (kinda reminds me of that witch in Suicide Squad).

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Yeah, I love the old Universal monsters, Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Invisible Man, they are all still very watchable today on a rainy Sunday afternoon. My particular favourites were the iconic Elsa Lanchester in Bride of Frankenstein and Lon Chaney's Wolfman.

These reboots are supposed to be set in a joined together cinematic universe a la Marvel, so we can look forward to some Monster Squad style team ups to come!

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy

I look forward to the monster film being set in a joined up universe, dragged into the 21st century and, above all, keeping their original back story.

Yes, I am also looking forward to some great new monster films.

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Shock horror! Just found out they are remaking Nosferatu, only one of my favourite movies ever and absolutely iconic classic!

First thoughts YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!!! but second thoughts Werner Herzog did an equally brilliant job with his remake of it, and Robert Eggers, director of the brilliant The Witch is in charge, so heck I'll sign up for it and see how it goes!

http://www.darkhorizons.com/witch-director-talks-nosferatu-remake/

image.jpeg

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

A (very!) short teaser trailer for Universal's The Mummy has been released

@Andy @ukbobboy

When I think of "The Mummy", all I can think of is Brendan Fraser as the big goof Rick O'Connell 😉

300px-Themummy17

Also Andy, have you seen "Would You Rather?" on Netflix? I recommend this film. 🙂

It makes you wonder how far you would go for a lot of money! 😮 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Ah yes, that film was more Carry on Mummy if you ask me, fun but no Universal classic 😄

Nope not seen Would You Rather, not got Netflix at mo but will add it to my list for next time. Been given a recommendation for February as well, so add that to your Watchlist!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 PS guess who's managed to talk their sister into getting me a Roku for Xmas?

#ShudderTime!!!

image.png