cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Helping themselves to cash from my debit card

i have only just looked deeper into the transactions through my bank and Now TV have been taking 2 x £9.99 each month for 7 months and also have been taking £3.99 and £7.99 for the entertainment and kids that i never subscribed to. Some months they have even taken 3 x £9.99.

I am appalled by them and the fact that a company a large as SKY are feeling the need to resort to theft or fraud. How many others are experiencing erroneous debit card transactions?? And are Now TV also refusing to reimburse them for the money they stole?

Now TV tell me they can only refund 2 months at a push, i have all the transactions from my banking app so who do i report them to? Offcom?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you never subscribed how did they get your bank card details?

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi T

Before you make assumptions you can't prove, you should check if one or more of your friends or family members have been placing orders for stuff behind your back, especially if you have not put a secret PIN on your Now TV account.

You would be surprised at how many users have been caught out by their "trustworthy" friends and family members.

OK, so once you have confirmed that no one in your household has been "fast and loose" with your Now TV account then you have to check that you have not opened multiple accounts, again this is something that people do and then forget to close the additionals.

Finally, if you are sure of your facts, and can prove them in a logical and coherent manner, then you can take out a small claims case against Now TV and, if you win, get your money back plus costs.

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't believe for one minute that you have only just noticed these charges randomly after 7 months. As anyone with a banking app will look at there transactions or balance daily.. I know I do to spot anything unusual

I could understand the odd one off accidentally charge from account not being completely closed down correctly... But 7 months worth and having your bank details still on file...

Means you or someone else you know has used your details simple

I am waiting on what the original poster has had done or an update...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had the same problem, I’ve used now tv for a few years and not had a problem, I paid a payment and a week later I cancelled, a week after that they took more money, i was told I would be refunded by today but they haven’t refunded me, thieves!