cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Help NowTV Box - No Apps, No NowTv

Hi, After a year of almost fault free viewing, the last few days have been causing issues connect via WiFi, dropped connections and error 14. so had a quick look on here and having read various posts about secret menu's and WiFi resets, I now have a problem, as all my apps have dissapered and I cannot access the nowTV app.

If I go to NowTV it tells me its out of date, go to Roku Channel Store?

If I go to Streaming Channels it takes me to a Roku Page and gives me Code and tells me to go to owner.qa.roku.com/link, that page often doesn't work and when googled it takes me to another My. Roku or something, anyway by entering the code it comes back as invalif code link.

How do I get everything back up and running??

8 REPLIES 8
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Unfortunately the posts you have been reading are to do with people trying to modify the box in a way that is not supported, and as a result causes the problems you now have.

You will need to try a hard reset of the box - with it powered up, push a pin into the reset hole at the back of the box until you see the box restart itself. You will then need to enter your wifi and NOW TV account details again. If the hard reset doesn't work the first time you'll have to try it again.

If you come across the error 14 while trying to connect to your network, please follow the steps on this help page and not the other pages you've been looking at

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, all I was trying to do is follow posts regarding error 4 (WiFi Connection problems) which have all just been of late. Appart from that I have not done anything to the box since the install of last year.

Ive done a reset as per your intructions, and its still the same, in fact worse as Ive now lost the Home Movie Plex that was on it?

Still cannot connect to WiFi?

its still telling me to connect my NowTV through the Roku?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the plex app is side-loaded, you'll need to repeat the steps in enabling the dev mode like you did the first time. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This happened to me today at 12:19 pm had to reenter all my information, What a pain . This took me over 45 minutes . This is the first problems I have had in over 1 1/2 years  . For no reason .. Was working last   night .  I would like some compensation . II have had this box since 2013 .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User are you sure someone didn't play with the box this morning accessing hidden menus hoping to "convert" the box to a full Roku allowing Netflix and Amazon Prime? Some nasty rumours suggesting this works, but it only results in the box needing a factory reset.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
 ah , maybe .. I bought something from amazon and got a free prime trial but did not try it .  And am going to cancel it  anyway   Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

If it's Prime free delivery then make sure you cancel quickly as they can end up charging you for full year at end of free month.

Prime Video is just a £5.99/month no contract deal.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Artesea

So, some people believe that there's a "jail break" that turns our black & white Now TV boxes into full Roku's, well those people really do not deserve any form of support.

UK Bob