cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Games Site for NOW TV

Hi there! I would like to know, if there could be a game site to be on NOW TV? Here are the type of game, that I would like to see on NOW TV: SCRABBLE, CHESS, CARD GAMES: like SPIDER SOLITAIRE and other card games. CONNECT 4, WORD SEARCH, CROSSWORD PLUZZLES, I would play there games mself! if NOW TV were in put these games on the NOW TV BOX and STICK and these games you would have a choice, to play them for free, the free games would be a limated trial or you could pay for these games and keep them forever! You would also have a choce, to play against the computer or play against other people, that online, on NOW TV!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Haven't you already asked about this on the 14th? 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Games-and-Online-Games-For-NOW-TV/m-p/46038...

Asking the same thing over and over could be considered as 'flooding' by the mods and could see privileges being suspended. I only mention this as it's the 2nd 'repost' today of similar questions you've already asked on the forum. 

I hope you take this post in the nature it was intended. I only say this as a friendly reminder of what COULD be misconstrued as an abuse of the forum.

If I'm out of line I would respectfully ask the mods to either refute this post or to remove it entirely. I only wish to help a relative 'newcomer' as I am also fairly new to these boards myself.  

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Haven't you already asked about this on the 14th? 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Games-and-Online-Games-For-NOW-TV/m-p/46038...

Asking the same thing over and over could be considered as 'flooding' by the mods and could see privileges being suspended. I only mention this as it's the 2nd 'repost' today of similar questions you've already asked on the forum. 

I hope you take this post in the nature it was intended. I only say this as a friendly reminder of what COULD be misconstrued as an abuse of the forum.

If I'm out of line I would respectfully ask the mods to either refute this post or to remove it entirely. I only wish to help a relative 'newcomer' as I am also fairly new to these boards myself.  

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Said user has been creating so many posts everywhere in the forums. It’s actually starting to put me off looking for possible useful information and updates
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008wrote:
Said user has been creating so many posts everywhere in the forums. It’s actually starting to put me off looking for possible useful information and updates

Agreed. I hate to say it but I take they're taking the proverbial. They've even 'thanked' me for contradicting them and 'accepted solutions' where their question hasn't been resolved. Strange behaviour indeed.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

It’s often difficult for new users to understand how different forums work, they all have their own house rules and styles of moderation. My experience of this forum is that it’s always tried to be welcoming of new users on the board. Some forums are notorious for sarcastic attitudes towards ‘simple’ questions, but there’s been very little of that over the years that I’ve been around.

For any new posters I’d recommend reading the house rules that you can find here
https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/NOW-TV-Community-House-Rules/td-p/63

It can be useful to repeat posts in different threads where common questions asked by newcomers are being answered, but as a rule you should try and avoid asking the same questions repeatedly to get a desired answer, or posting the same message over and over in order to make your point.

For things such as new ideas I’d recommend posting all new ideas into the same thread - just reply to one of the threads already made, rather than starting a brand new topic for each idea, otherwise the Off-Topic category can quickly become filled up with new topics and it makes it harder for other users to browse.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You've come up with loads of ideas for improving or developing NOW TV recently. Unfortunately a lot of these won't be able to be put on the ideas board as its only for ideas that NOW TV think have a good chance of being implemented.

However maybe you’d like some of your ideas merged into one topic to keep things tidy, or you’d like a new topic made specifically for ideas where you can post them in future. Let us know if that’s something you’d be interested in.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Andy! I like the idea, to merged into one topic to keep things tidy, I would also like a new topic made specifically for ideas where I can post them in future. That is something that I would be interested in. What topic and ideas, could we have for one area? We all of the ideas and sftuff, that I have made in the pass, I thinks, that I have covered everything, but I am sure, that there would always be, something, that I have missed! So who ever reads this, I would like for you to come up with ideas and topics, to put on the NOW TV main Board! If we can work as one, NOW TV can be NO:1! So, I would like for you all to get you thinking caps on and make this happen, This message will self destruted in 5 secounds! Only Joking, ha!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Andy! I like the idea, to merged into one topic to keep things tidy, I would also like a new topic made specifically for ideas where I can post them in future. That is something that I would be interested in. What topic and ideas, could we have for one area? We all of the ideas and sftuff, that I have made in the pass, I thinks, that I have covered everything, but I am sure, that there would always be, something, that I have missed! So who ever reads this, I would like for you to come up with ideas and topics, to put on the NOW TV main Board! If we can work as one, NOW TV can be NO:1! So, I would like for you all to get you thinking caps on and make this happen, This message will self destruted in 5 secounds! Only Joking, ha!

@Anonymous User That's great - not only will it help to keep the forum tidy as all the ideas will be in one place, it will also make it easier for the NOW TV Team to look at all the ideas and see which they like. If they really like an idea they will move it into the Ideas Board. 

I've set up a new thread for ideas here

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Suggest-Your-Ideas-for-NOW-TV-Here/m-p/461776

and posted a few of your ideas to kick it off. Feel free to add any more ideas you want to suggest by replying to that thread, hopefully others will join in.

I'll mention it to @Karl-F so he knows it's there and he can keep an eye on it.

Thanks! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andywrote:

It’s often difficult for new users to understand how different forums work, they all have their own house rules and styles of moderation. My experience of this forum is that it’s always tried to be welcoming of new users on the board. Some forums are notorious for sarcastic attitudes towards ‘simple’ questions, but there’s been very little of that over the years that I’ve been around.

For any new posters I’d recommend reading the house rules that you can find here
https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/NOW-TV-Community-House-Rules/td-p/63

It can be useful to repeat posts in different threads where common questions asked by newcomers are being answered, but as a rule you should try and avoid asking the same questions repeatedly to get a desired answer, or posting the same message over and over in order to make your point.

For things such as new ideas I’d recommend posting all new ideas into the same thread - just reply to one of the threads already made, rather than starting a brand new topic for each idea, otherwise the Off-Topic category can quickly become filled up with new topics and it makes it harder for other users to browse.

My apologies if I've spoken out of turn. No malice intended to any of the good people here.

Thanks for the comprehensive post @Andy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Wasn't meant to be a criticism of your post, so it's me who needs to apologise if it comes across like that. I was really trying to point new members to the right places and offer some extra advice on top of yours.

I need to give some thought to the 'turns of phrase' I use in my posts as they don't seem to translate in print how I intend them to! Always a problem with the written word! Sorry again!