cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Game of thrones

Why are the box sets taken down and why can't I watch the whole of season 6 I'm not impressed with now tv
27 REPLIES 27
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @Andy @SeeMoreDigital @Anonymous User 

Dear Forum Members

I have seen lots of discussions about problems seeing GOT but never about how good are bad the show actually is.

My point is, I have never watched the "Game of Thrones" , am I missing anything?

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy

GoT was never the sort of show I would normally watch, but my partner started watching it recently from the start and I've been really impressed & am really enjoying it.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

GoT was never the sort of show I would normally watch, but my partner started watching it recently from the start and I've been really impressed & am really enjoying it.

Uncanny. It was exactly the same for me... 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy I used to think it was the worst show I had ever seen. After watching the first 6 episodes, I thought 'no more this is boring'.

Then, @Andy 'convinced' me to try it again by watching all of season one. I did and still thought it was rubbish but I still decided to carry on a little bit and it took until the end of season 2 for me to actually start enjoying it.

Now, I managed to catch all of season 3 before it all left. It still isn't my favourite show but it isn't as bad as I thought it was. 🙂

Then my neighbour decided to spoil everything after season 3 for me 😞

It all depends on if you like violence/strong language/adult themes. If you don't, then give it a miss. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @SeeMoreDigital @Anonymous User @Andy

Hi Casey

It seems you went through a lot of pain before getting to the good stuff, but I'm still somewhat undecided if I should invest my time in GOT

For example, when I saw Flash and Supergirl I liked those shows immediately, Arrow and Agents of SHIELD were slow burners, i.e. I started watching both shows only after first seeing season three.

I guess I'm going to leave Game of Thrones for now, I got a few other stuff to catch up on, I'll start watching from season three (probably by DVD) when and if I can put some time aside.

Cheers guys

UK Bob 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

@caseyb1993 @SeeMoreDigital @Anonymous User @Andy

Hi Casey

It seems you went through a lot of pain before getting to the good stuff, but I'm still somewhat undecided if I should invest my time in GOT

For example, when I saw Flash and Supergirl I liked those shows immediately, Arrow and Agents of SHIELD were slow burners, i.e. I started watching both shows only after first seeing season three.

I guess I'm going to leave Game of Thrones for now, I got a few other stuff to catch up on, I'll start watching from season three (probably by DVD) when and if I can put some time aside.

Cheers guys

UK Bob 

@ukbobboy I would recommend watching it from the beginning as it is quite hard to understand. I have had to double watch a few episodes as I couldn't get my head around them. 😄

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

ukbobboy wrote:.

My point is, I have never watched the "Game of Thrones" , am I missing anything?

@ukbobboy There's only one answer to that

image.jpg

Although there's little point starting at season 3 if you've never watched it, you won't understand a thing and have missed shed loads of crucial plot points. It's season one or nothing.

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @Andy

Hi Guys

Casey

I'll take your advice and start from the beginning.

Andy

I get it, I won't get the "HODER" reference until I have actually seen season one.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy

Just say to yourself why is GOT, HBO most commercially successful TV series to date (Imo HBO have some cracking shows in their library catalogue), also i believe it's the most popular show on the Sky / NowTV service and the most pirated TV programme worldwide (don't quote me on that mind it's only what i have read on the internet).

This would suggest to me that the show appeals to a large demographic amount of people, however i do appreciate that we are all different and one particularly show is fantastic to one person and to another person it could be rubbish.

I remember all the hype about "Breaking Bad" and for the first few episodes i couldn't see what the fuss was all about, then after i stuck with it for a while, i was then "hooked" and a massive fan Smiley Happy

BTW - I am in the GOT "love it" bracket. Smiley Very Happy

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps "The most  pirated TV programme worldwide"

Now I have read that HBO are really making it difficult to torrent online. Then again if people really want to watch it illegally and with a risk of virus'/malware then they will dig deep enough.