cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Forum timestamp

This is a question relating to this forum and not Now TV hardware.

Why doesn't this forum use a 24 hour clock timestamp instead of the current 12? As an example, I posted in another thread this morning at 25 minutes past midnight BUT the timestamp on my post says 12.25 which is actually 12.25pm in the 24 hour clock. Surely the proper timestamp would be 00.25? It just looks like a little shoddy when the time is shown wrong and does look confusing sometimes, especiallly as the current time is 09.32 (3 hours BEFORE I apparently posted at 12.25)!

5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I agree! The forum did use 24hr time stamps up to last November when it changed to the 12hr stamps you see now. I did report this to the community managers but as the 12hr stamps have remained I assume it's a deliberate change that they wanted to make. However I also find it confusing, especially when reading through a long thread. 

The best I can do is to tag the community managers @Karl-F and @Simon-J so they are aware of your thoughts and maybe they will reconsider.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User, @Andy I hadn’t noticed that until you brought it up. Does explain why there appear to be so many night-owls on these forums. If they insist in sticking to using a 12-hour clock format, the correct protocol would be to add the AM / PM suffix to avoid confusion. Could @Karl-F and @Simon-J please take note.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Agree with all the above posts about not using 24 hour timestamps on the forum Smiley Mad

Going slightly off topic, another thing that bugs me a little bit, is that on the NowTV smart box the TV Guide on the main homepage (Freeview, Radio and NowTV live channels) you have the option to use a 24 hour time clock indicator on the now & next EPG (which I prefer).

Where when you go into the NowTV App on the smart box the NowTV live channels now & next EPG shows a 12 hour AM / PM time indicator even though i have setup the box for 24hour display format Smiley Mad

I could go into the smart box settings and change the timer from a 24 hour time format to a 12 hour AM / PM setup (where everything then shows AM / PM in both the TV Guide and NowTV App live channels) on the smart box, but I have always liked referring to time via a 24 hour clock since my school days.

I know it's not a big deal and maybe I am just a little fussy about things Smiley Very Happy

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@schnapps @Anonymous User @Mark_Weinreb @Andy

Hi all,

Personally I'm not entirely sure why this changed - but it wasn't at my request. @Karl-F might have some more information.

With the next changes we put out hopefully you'll see the return of the 24 hour format 🙂

Thanks

Simon

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Probably something that went into affect before we properly took over. 

Not sure why this would have changed if I'm totally honest. 

Karl