cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you ever?...

Let's start from the start...

I am currently in the process of changing from Sky talk and BB to BT infinity when virgin media decide to call me(coincidence?) 

they gave rave me the usual questions who's your provider do you have to etc..

when i tell them how much I pay for now tv (roughly about £9pm including movies, I use vouchers) they always seem to go silent on the phone. No provider can seem to match the amazing value I get with you guys it's always a good laugh hearing the silence in amazement at how cheap you are in comparison to everyone else. 

My monthly total for Infinity+LR+now TV+BT TV is roughly about £38pm no one can seem to understand how I get it all at such great value.

next time you get a marketing call from a provider such as virgin media tell them about now tv I managed to get their offer of big kahuna + extra TiVo+ movies down from £91 to £58 but it still was lots more than I pay just now so I politely declined. Give it a try and listen for the moment of silence when they are shocked at how great the price is. 

I feel that I should give a thanks to @Anonymous User and everyone at now tv for being such good value.

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Legend 5
Legend 5

Of course you have to be in an area to get open reach fibre 🙂 For those of us whose ADSL speed was 2.5mbs BT infinity/TV not an option, nor is Talk Talk. Options here are a Sky dish for more channels but still slow TV or Virgin with TV and faster internet. I now have Virgin partly for the faster internet and partly to get the additional channels I wanted. I keep Now for a number of reasons, movie pass especially with vouchers has to be cheapest way of getting Sky Movies, you can't get Sky Atlantic or ITV encore on Virgin, the catch up for the Sky channels is better on Now. Of Virgin has catch up for channels I can't get here and the record option is handy. Another plus is 4od on the Now box is much better than on the Virgin box.
What non Freeview channels do you get on your BT TV?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 Since I only really use now tv, Netflix or tv player plus for my tv channels I found that I would be spending more money on getting extra channels on BT tv so I only took the starter pack to get BT sports and AMC on my tv via the you view box 

Legend 5
Legend 5

Do you find you can watch TV Player plus on TV? Eg via Chromecast.

I was looking at the plus channels and looking at those I can't get on the package I am on.  Seems a great way of getting the History channel and H2.  Without having to go on to a faster channel.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 I get tv player via my Apple TV but with positives come negatives, I have loads of channels on the Apple TV with tv player and now tv but sadly I have to put up with the terrible now TV UI which is on the Apple TV. Hopefully they'll update it for my 4th gen Apple TV very soon before people find it is too bad and start to cancel