Si6
Contributor 1

Re: Developer mode no longer working

An answer from now tv would be great 😁
Occasional Poster

Yes my parents box also been updated .... Is this expected behaviour?
Scholar 5

@Olivia_Smith

Hi again Olivia

I suspect you know this is not normal black box behaviour, after all you were the first one to report this abnormal problem.

You know, as users of the NowTV black box all we can do is speculate to the  motives behind the bogus update, i.e. whether accidental or not.  However, a word or two from the NowTV team would calm all our fears but instead we are getting nothing, which cannot be good.

UK Bob

Highlighted
Community Manager

In the coming days, there will be a few changes to the NOW TV Box as part of our regular updates to improve the service.

The latest update has been designed to safeguard the device from piracy and illegal streaming of content; therefore it will disable the use of unofficial third party software or apps.

This will not affect your ability to watch NOW TV or download supported apps through the Channel Store.

NOW TV Team

Contributor 1

Thats my boxes gone then!  Thank god I have a few real roku boxes, between those and the chromecasts I think I'm covered.

Advocate 1

[ Edited ]

Well unless you can confirm Plex will be available in the app store then it's definatly goodbye NowTV. I'll likely invest in a proper Roku box but i wont be subcribing to NowTV on it. Thats me done!

The whole point of dev mode is to load unoffical apps, apps you make yourself etc.. thus why it is called 'Dev Mode'. Your repsonce makes no sence at all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*I'm no longer a NowTV customer and as such won't be checking in here anymore to look for replies or to assist others.
Si6
Contributor 1

Where do we get refunds for boxes only month old as bought due to we can add our own apps. Legal advice being sought.. .
Contributor 1

I don't think we're the customers they want!  They want an experience similar to amazon, locked in completely, so any other service that could compete with them is off limits.

Real roku boxes have plex as a normal channel, along with netflix/amazon etc. so the best bet if you want a similar experience to waht you have now.  Otherwise look into android boxes, anything recent with 2Gb RAM will be fine.

Advocate 1

tekmonkey wrote:

I don't think we're the customers they want!  They want an experience similar to amazon, locked in completely, so any other service that could compete with them is off limits.

Yep seems so. Rather ironic considering half the recent feature updates are pretty much ideas stolen from Amazon (Just very poorly implimented).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*I'm no longer a NowTV customer and as such won't be checking in here anymore to look for replies or to assist others.
Si6
Contributor 1

Amazon you can side load