cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Checking expiry date of passes

Is there a way to check when a pass is due to expire - without contacting LiveChat.

I have a few passes, but unsure which will be expirying first.

Maybe there should be an option on teh website, that will allow you to check if a pass is stll valid, and when it expires in a similar way you can check giftcards for highstreet stores.

8 REPLIES 8
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User There's currently no feature on the website that lets you do this automatically, you need either live chat or you could try sending a message instead.

For anyone else reading this who wants to check the expiry date of a voucher/code, you can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just wasted over a half hour on CHAT trying to find out the expiry date of a Month Sports Pass bought last Autumn. The chatter first told me it was no longer valid and I argued that the code was still concealed and I could not have used it. The chatter went back and forth asking the same security questions over and over. In the end the Chat timed out. I did not get a chance to print it.

Is there a simpler way od getting a pass checked for an expiry date.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just had a second Chat. I was told they can only check the validity or expiry date of a pass when you scratch off the coating to reveal the voucher code.  Like another user, I just wished to find the expiry date of one pass to put all my passes in date order.  I was told the pass number or barcode number is not used by NOW TV. That is the number used by the retailer and appears on the receipt. I'm missing one receipt.

Is it correct that NOW TV does not use barcode numbers.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You may get more success & luck contacting live chat again, hopefully with a different online chat adviser who is more helpful & knowledgeable.

If you don't want to go through the hassle and waste further time again you could always drop nowtv a message from the link page below.

Where did you buy the month sports pass from and was it bundled with a nowtv box or was it some sort of promo or free prize voucher offer ?

I know the vouchers that comes supplied with the boxes and stick are valid for 12 months from date of purchase and the majority of the authorised retailers that sell the nowt Gift cards is also 12 months (where i believe the vouchers from Game are 6 months for some unknown reason).

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Edit - Ignore the above, where i just noticed your second post.

I don't think nowtv use bar codes for a date reference and uses the voucher code or maybe the serial number of the box or stick if it was a bundled voucher pass.

They may also ask for a copy of the sales receipt for proof of purchase.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is my pass code which i purchased from Tesco in December 2019

NOWBFVCPRUYMCX

It does NOT work please explain why

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is my pass code which i purchased from Tesco in December 2019

NOWBFVCPRUYMCX

It does NOT work please explain why

I wouldn’t put a code In a thread.  Probably been used by someone else in the last hour.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User   I have got Now TV on my I pad, and if you go into My Account it shows up every pass you have and it tells you when they are due for renewal. If you have an iPad download the app even if it’s just to check your pass expiry, Dont know if this will be the same if downloaded on other devices .

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Pretty sure @Anonymous User was referring to codes for passes that hadn't been applied yet, but you are right for passes already on your account you can check your account for the renewal date.

To clarify for anyone else reading this, always best to use the website to check the status of your active passes by going to My Account > My Passes

https://account.nowtv.com/passes

as apps on other devices don't always reflect any multi-month offers you may have applied. Gift cards or codes for passes usually expire 12 months from purchase (6 months if purchased from Game online) but if you need to know the exact date live chat can help you.