cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can’t get through to no one

I cannot contact anyone, or even live chat. Just says that all the advisors are very busy at the moment and it’s been like that for a few days, I need to contact someone but don’t know how else about a serious problem. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Andy wrote:

@Tony-D are you able to reach out to Kirsty direct pls? Ta!

Yeah @Andy Just clearing a backlog here ATM but i'll give @Anonymous User an email now 🙂

Thanks for the tag, help's me out lol.

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Andy wrote:

Yeah @Andy Just clearing a backlog here ATM but i'll give @Anonymous User an email now 🙂

Thanks for the tag, help's me out lol.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I’ve not had anyone reach out to me! Ended up taking the now tv stick back twice! After purchasing a new one thinking the first one was broke but it wasn’t. Can’t even log onto now tv on my mobile using the internet as it says sky error 228 and even now on my new Xbox I can’t watch it either. Just paid for a new subcription and I can’t even access it! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried switching the power off to your router for 20 minutes to let it acquire a new IP address.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We live on a park where they offer WiFi, which we have our own account on so we don’t exactly have a hub or anything we can turn off. The internet works with everything else 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Using a shared WiFi network like you have is above my knowledge sorry.

I might be barking up the wrong tree, but it sounds to me that the parks internet router IP address is blocking the nowtv App on your devices and it thinks you are using a VPN or IP address that is not in the UK.

As this error code only happend recently on your nowtv devices, where if so maybe the parks main hub network router has changed something in their settings ?

Hopefully somebody on here who has much more knowledge than me can offer you some assistance.

Whilst waiting for a reply, i would suggest having a chat to the parks IT manager to see if there is anything they can do their end.

Apologies in advance if i am totally off track with my thinking on this, where somebody comes up with the right solution that has nothing to do with my above post.

@Tony-Dnowtv's technical input would be much appreciated here (Thanks).

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@schnapps wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Using a shared WiFi network like you have is above my knowledge sorry.

I might be barking up the wrong tree, but it sounds to me that the parks internet router IP address is blocking the nowtv App on your devices and it thinks you are using a VPN or IP address that is not in the UK.

As this error code only happend recently on your nowtv devices, where if so maybe the parks main hub network router has changed something in their settings ?

Hopefully somebody on here who has much more knowledge than me can offer you some assistance.

Whilst waiting for a reply, i would suggest having a chat to the parks IT manager to see if there is anything they can do their end.

Apologies in advance if i am totally off track with my thinking on this, where somebody comes up with the right solution that has nothing to do with my above post.

@Tony-Dnowtv's technical input would be much appreciated here (Thanks).

@Anonymous User

@schnapps Is right. The error stems from a loctaion issue. If your IP address is showing as outside the UK then NOW TV won't work unfortunately. You will have to chat to management (or whoever provides your internet) and ask them if they are using any kind of VPN or IP re-routing service. I take it your NOW TV works on the phone when using 4G yeah?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I joined NOW TV a few months ago but then cancelled my Movies subscription. I use BT YouView to access the NOW TV application on my TV. 

I have just loaded a 2 months Entertainment voucher to my account but when I go into my TV app is is still showing my old Movie account. 

I have signed out from my account (on the TV) and logged back in but no joy. I have also updated the software (and apps) via YouView but again no joy.

On entering my NOW TV account via my laptop and chcking the Technical Checks option, it is showing a TV fault icon. Unfortuantely trying to get in touch with NOW TV is something of an embarassing joke as clearly there is no ability currently to communicate with anyone to resolve this issue and of course this eroding the time I have to use my Entertainment pass.

If anyone who is savvy enough to offer a solution that would be greatly received but really it is a pretty poor refelction on NOW TV that they are relying on the community to solve a technical issue like this.

Fingers crossed then!

Dave

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The reason why you can't see your entertainment pass or any entertainment content on your BT YouView box is that currently the NowTV App only supports "on demand" movies.

BT & Sky / NowTV have agreed a cross platform use on their services, but entertainment, sports kids nowtv passes won't be available to watch on the BT YouView boxes until sometime 2019.

Here's a linked help article about nowtv supported devices.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv