cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Calling all Gotham fans!

@Thom77 Probably will give Krypton a go although a show all about Superman's home planet without Superman in it isn't something I've felt missing from my life! Smiley Very Happy But yeah I'll no doubt give it a look!

As for Runaways yep I've caught the first 2 eps so far and I'm enjoying it. It's teen-market fluff but I quite like having a few shows like that to watch as they are undemanding and don't get bogged down in plot. Very similar to The Gifted in terms of vibe so whatever you thought of that I suspect Runaways will be a similar experience for you.

Thom77
Advocate 5

@Andy

I finally checked the Krypton trailer and it didn't really blow me away, but I'm sure I'll watch it and no doubt get hooked.

If I said I hadn't watched The Gifted, would that be the same criminal level as not watching Westworld the movie????  I'm currently right up to date with Runaways and it has been good and as you say, easier too watch than a lot of other stuff.  Also interesting to see how Spike from Buffy has aged and got bulkier!!!

Thom77
Advocate 5

@Andy@caseyb1993@Lindzi@commanda6

Another good episode of Gotham down.

Spoiler
I do love it when an episode of Gotham brings in a new weird killer...... and Daddy Pig on the rampage is quite weird!!!!!  (@Andy Daddy Pig holding a bloody knife would be ideal for one of your picture creations????)

After the recent news it just seems like we're now on one big countdown to the ultimate finish!!!!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
caseyb1993 Elite 5
Elite 5

@Thom77 

Spoiler
Those poor piggies. Smiley Sad

First the dog in wolf creek and now this. What is it, "upset Casey week?".. (even though nothing has been shown thankfully Smiley Wink )

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? :-)
robert1997
Advocate 4

Thom77
Advocate 5

@robert1997

Although they say it's not a direct Gotham spin-off, looks like it might be interesting......... going back to recent @Andy posts, he might be over the moon about this one??????

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thom77 @robert1997 Well I would be excited if it was a proper Gotham spin-off with Sean Pertwee in the role so we could have loads of 'Right, Master Bruce' quotes in it, but alas sounds like it won't be. Still, Alfred deserves his chance in the limelight, single-handedly dusting and cleaning the mansion whilst cooking and managing the batcave - if anyone's a superhero he is!!

PS Professor Pyg - he was a surprise! New one on me, but I think pig-related supervillains have a lot of potential!

Prof_Pyg.jpg

Thom77
Advocate 5

@Andy

Wonder if Professor Pyg was one episode only and got away or might we see him again????

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Thom77 wrote:

@Andy

Wonder if Professor Pyg was one episode only and got away or might we see him again????

@Thom77 One episode of Pyg was never going to be enough!!! 

Lots going on this week Pyg related and otherwise, Bruce has got himself another love-interest (groan!) and finally we see a bit more of Selina (thought they'd forgotten all about her) and finally Gordon starts reasserting his authority, so all good!

PS @Lindzi @caseyb1993 @robert1997 if you're up for a retro-blast of 60s Adam West Batman (and who isn't) don't forget to check out Return of the Caped Crusaders on the cinema pass next Monday - seen it and love it, but then again I would - acquired taste for everyone else I reckon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGeQKu8RXDc

Warner Bros. Animation and DC Entertainment take Batman fans on a journey into the iconic past with the full-length animated Batman feature film - Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders. The film features the vocal performances of TV legends Adam West as Batman, Burt Ward as Robin and Julie Newmar
Thom77
Advocate 5

@Andy

Yes, I did enjoy this weeks episode and good to see Selina again, they do seem to give her more and more episodes off!!!  Surely this is not a new ongoing love interest for Bruce, maybe more a one night thing where he goes wild becomes a man and full on Batman from here???

As soon as we got that scene in the Ambulance, did you spot the twist that was coming a mile off????  All very Silence of the Lambs.  Looks like Pyg has plenty more mileage to run.