cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

CW has renewed all it's Super Hero shows and will have another Four-way Crossover

@caseyb1993 @Andy @Anonymous User @mark_suff @Anonymous User @SeeMoreDigital @Anonymous User @commanda6

Hi Guys and super hero fans

I've just heard that CW have renewed all it's super hero shows and will have another four-way crossover, so Supergirl will have a season 3, Flash will obviously have a season 4, Arrow 6 and Legends 3.

There is also promised something new to replace the US Thursday night spot vacated by Legends but, as usual, CW are being very tight lipped about it.

What I don't know is if Sky will take up CW's yet unknown new super hero series when it starts.

Super hero-wise, 2017 is looking good.

Wonder Woman 2.jpg

UK Bob

PS. If and when that new super hero show starts, that promised four-way crossover may turn into a five-way crossover.

57 REPLIES 57
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@Andy According to the Superman wikia, it is pronounced "Miks-yez-pittle-ik". 😮

@caseyb1993 show off!!! 😉

mark_suff
Expert

@Andy @caseyb1993 @commanda6 @ukbobboy 
It seems as though Sky are double teaming the superhero shows now with Supergirl returning 8pm Tues 31st Jan followed by The Flash at 9pm. Seems they've changed days around in US as well so probably why.

Mark.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@mark_suff wrote:

@Andy @caseyb1993 @commanda6 @ukbobboy 
It seems as though Sky are double teaming the superhero shows now with Supergirl returning 8pm Tues 31st Jan followed by The Flash at 9pm. Seems they've changed days around in US as well so probably why.

Mark.

Hi @mark_suff

I noticed this a week or two ago

it does seem a bit odd that they have changed the times, but you are right, they have changed the days and times around in the US, so if this information proves to be correct that could well be why, but I have my reservations about the dates being so early this year as well. I'm waiting for the program guide on sky's website to confirm this information before I posted, because at the moment I'm not entirely sure I trust information Greektown have on the DC TV shows.

Do bear in mind that normally the UK would be five or six weeks behind the US in terms of showing episodes when it comes to the second half of the DC TV show seasons and I so far haven't seen any real evidence to suggest that things are going to be different this year. Given how popular the shows are it's best to air on the side of caution and not get people's hopes up unnecessarily

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
mark_suff
Expert

@commanda6 You do realise that Sky have been running ads during breaks for the return on this date for a couple of weeks now??. It's also here on Sky's own website: https://www.sky.com/watch/channel/sky-1/the-flash

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@mark_suff wrote:

@commanda6 You do realise that Sky have been running ads during breaks for the return on this date for a couple of weeks now??. It's also here on Sky's own website: https://www.sky.com/watch/channel/sky-1/the-flash

Hi @mark_suff

Now we know the definite that the information Greektown have is correct, then. Thanks for the info Smiley Happy

Only a week or two ago @Andy gave me information from sky's Twitter feed which suggested that the DC TV shows would start coming back late January/early February , so the information you've just given me and sky's website must be quite new quite new and I will admit I don't watch the live channels very often, so I haven't seen the adverts Smiley Indifferent

Given that we will only be about a week behind the US in terms of showing episodes that is going to cause problems when the US decides to take schedule breaks. The US taking schedule breaks is almost inevitable. So sky would have been better off holding the shows back a bit. I think so that UK TV schedules aren't impacted too much by the US.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
mark_suff
Expert

@commanda6 I have to agree a longer break here would be better due to all the breaks US Tv has, still can't work out why a midweek show has a break for the Superbowl final shown on a sunday, it'd be like UK Tv having a break of a weekday show for the FA cup final. 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

I quite liked the longer midseason break, gave me chance to watch a few boxsets and catch up with stuff on Netflix/Amazon/Shudder. Whilst I do enjoy the superhero shows they do take up a good chunk of my TV time, particularly now Gotham and SHIELD will be turning up soon!

I think it's quite a good idea to double up the shows, it leaves three weekday evenings free for other content - whilst we obv enjoy the CW shows for other people it must as seemed as if Sky One was turning into Superhero One at times! 😄

PS whatever happened to the DC fancasts. I really enjoyed those last year. I miss Bec Hill's dress sense!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

I quite liked the longer midseason break, gave me chance to watch a few boxsets and catch up with stuff on Netflix/Amazon/Shudder. Whilst I do enjoy the superhero shows they do take up a good chunk of my TV time, particularly now Gotham and SHIELD will be turning up soon!

Same here 🙂

To be honest, will all the superhero shows nearly every day, I do tend to get a bit bored so it is nice to have a break for a while. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @caseyb1993

Hi Guys

Although taking a break from Superhero shows is sacrilege to me,  I have been trying ti watch other things.

That said, I've watched the first season of "Fortitude" and I'm already into the third episode of season two.  I've found the show somewhat weird, especially the flash backs, and how they unfold the story but I'm liking it so far.

I used to watch "Delicious" but I'm not liking it as much, one of the story arcs makes me uncomfortable, you could say that's the point of the show.  However, there are certain emotions that I prefer not feel while watching a show, i.e. discomfort is one of them.

Anyway, once I've done with "Fortitude" I'll be back to watching the DC 4.

UK Bob

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy @caseyb1993 @Andy @mark_suff

I'm sure I don't need to remind any of you that the DC TV shows should start coming back from today. Smiley Very Happy

But remember the DC TV shows are so good that they need to be watched on catch up/on demand with no adverts. It's the lawSmiley Very Happy