cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

CW Four-way Crossover

Dear Forum Members

I am sad, yes sad, because my favourite shows have either ended or coming to the end of their current run and I've got nothing to look forward to until September/October.

However, I am looking forward to CW's promised four-way, four-day (Supergirl/Flash/Arrow/Legends of Tomorrow) crossover.

I am also looking forward to Netflix Luke Cage (aka Hero for Hire) in late September.

And next year, when SyFy releases Krypton, I sincerely hope they can convey the constant turmoil the planet was in, because of the various and continuous wars, and show the differences, both physical and psychological, between Humans and Kryptonians.

UK Bob

63 REPLIES 63
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@mark_suff I have the Arrow one and Legends one to catch up on but I have been enjoying it 😉 

I loved this weeks Flash episode! 😮 😮

Spoiler
I think Julian is in a Harry Potter timeline. 😄 😄
I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@mark_suff @SeeMoreDigital @caseyb1993 @commanda6 @dpwykes

Hi Mark

First, I must say that I enjoyed that Supergirl trailer, which seems to indicate she gets trapped in a red sun environment (or on Krypton before it blew up), it will be fun to see how she gets out of that predicament.

(I'm sure all you guys know that rays from a run sun strips Superman and Supergirl of their super powers.)

Secondly, you said, "The Flash seem to mostly ignore the alien invasion thing this week", well yes, his team mates don't trust him, especially when they found out  his flashpoint shenanigans has altered, and potentially still altering, their lives in unknown and unpredictable ways.

And the kicker for me was when it became known that Flash was the cause of the Dominators invasion (overwhelming evidence that Barry Allen should be locked up in that meta-human prison below Star Labs)

Finally, the future newspaper article that Flash often looks at is no longer written by "Iris Allen West", Barry's future wife, meaning she will be unable to get married to him and/or write that future article, I think Iris will be another casualty of flashpoint.

Honestly Mark, knowing what we now know about Flash, would you really want anything to do with a guy like that, even his future self from 2056 said not to  trust him.

As a side issue, as anyone noticed the "Red Sky" article on that future newspaper, I recall that Smallville had an episode of two that featured the sky turning red.

My Sci-Fi mojo is on.

UK Bob

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

@mark_suff @SeeMoreDigital @caseyb1993 @commanda6 @Anonymous User

Hi Mark

First, I must say that I enjoyed that Supergirl trailer, which seems to indicate she gets trapped in a red sun environment (or on Krypton before it blew up), it will be fun to see how she gets out of that predicament.

(I'm sure all you guys know that rays from a run sun strips Superman and Supergirl of their super powers.)

Secondly, you said, "The Flash seem to mostly ignore the alien invasion thing this week", well yes, his team mates don't trust him, especially when they found out  his flashpoint shenanigans has altered, and potentially still altering, their lives in unknown and unpredictable ways.

And the kicker for me was when it became known that Flash was the cause of the Dominators invasion (overwhelming evidence that Barry Allen should be locked up in that meta-human prison below Star Labs)

Finally, the future newspaper article that Flash often looks at is no longer written by "Iris Allen West", Barry's future wife, meaning she will be unable to get married to him and/or write that future article, I think Iris will be another casualty of flashpoint.

Honestly Mark, knowing what we now know about Flash, would you really want anything to do with a guy like that, even his future self from 2056 said not to  trust him.

As a side issue, as anyone noticed the "Red Sky" article on that future newspaper, I recall that Smallville had an episode of two that featured the sky turning red.

My Sci-Fi mojo is on.

UK Bob

this seems like a perfect time for one of our discussions @ukbobboy I'm going to copy in @mark_suff as well Smiley Happy

First, yes I think Iris West is going to be a casualty. However, will she be killed off completely. I don't think the reason why I think that is because she is a major character in the comics. If you want to find out why I don't think she will be killed off completely. If you wish to find out why expand the spoiler tag below Smiley Wink

With regard to the Flash being locked up. I do think it's getting to the stage where something needs to be done about him but bearing in mind that every dodgy thinking does is down to the fact that he himself has been messed with so much. I think a better course of action would be to find a way to take his powers from him permanently, so he becomes human  But if that were to happen, we wouldn't have a show, so that's not going to happen. As you pointed out before @ukbobboy , it looks like Barry is going to get knocked up at some point, but I think this will only be for a very short period.

Although I believe the future is never predetermined future is always changing and is dependent upon the events of the past and present. While it is true that Barry could cause damage by trying to prevent the death of Iris West. He is trying to change an event which has not yet taken place, and I  think as long as he doesn't go back into the past and change anything. I don't think he can cause as much damage as he did when changed the past for that reason. Although however, that being said, I don't think he should be messing with future either. They have done similar things to what Barry will try to do on Legends. And that brings me to my next point

I believe the purpose of that message to Rip Hunter from future Barry was for Barry to get help in repairing some of the damage that he has caused and as such I believe Rip Hunter is trying to repair some of the damage that Barry has caused. I believe that in the message future Barry was telling rip not to trust past Barry in particular.

Spoiler
To kill Iris West  off complete would represent a significant step in taking the show away from the comics as the Flash TV show typically sticks very close to the comics in many respects I think Iris West will die, but she will come back at a later date, as she does in the comics, probably fairly on in season four (a fourth season It's extremely likelySmiley Very Happy) in the comics she actually gets killed by reverse flash. There will of course be a timeywimey explanation as to why she comes back.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
ukbobboy
Legend

@commanda6 @mark_suff @SeeMoreDigital @caseyb1993 @dpwykes

Hi C6

You have definitely given me some things to think about but let me go through what has jumped out at me.  Your first para suggests that you are gradually coming around to my way of thinking about what should be done with  the Flash in order to keep the world safe.

I do agree that Iris West will not be killed off permanently but she will be killed and probably come back later on as a very "much changed" person, without flashpoint none of this would be in Iris's future.

As for locking up Flash or taking away his powers, I feel he would rather die than give them up but would probably accept confinement in Star Labs.

OK, damage to past and future history, IMHO, cannot be repaired, not by Legends and certainly not Flash, these cracks in time can be papered over and the effects mitigated but that's about it. Besides I wouldn't trust Flash to walk my dog (if I had one) let alone try to repair time or anything else. 

Before I go on, I would like to say that I do enjoy watching the Flash and always eagerly look forward to watching each and every episode.

As for Rip Hunter, he's currently stuck in the present directing "B" movies and so not in a position to help anybody, personally I think he's hiding from somebody.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@commanda6

Hi again C6

About locking up Flash, maybe exile to an alternative Earth that's sparely populated would be better, inhabited with no more than 2 - 3 million people.

That way there are fewer lives to mess with.

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993 @Andy @GraphiteGB @mark_suff @Andy-S @SeeMoreDigital @dpwykes @commanda6

Guys

I've just heard that CW are planning another four-way crossover, this time with more involvement from Supergirl.  The crossover is planned for the next season of our DC super hero shows.

There are no details on who or what will be the big bad that causes our heroes to unite but it's been hinted that Supergirl could be taking the lead on this new adventure.

BTW, don't forget we still have that 2-part Flash/Supergirl (musical) crossover to look forward to later this year.

UK Bob

mark_suff
Expert

@ukbobboy Musical episode to look forward to, not for me HATE them, it's the only epsidode of Buffy I haven't seen, why do they feel the need to ruin shows by doing this??????????

Mark. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@mark_suff

Hi Mark

You asked, "Why do they feel the need to ruin shows by doing this?". Well Mark, you know that from time to time those creative types will try something that fails miserably, I believe you have to give them space to mess up so when they try again they will know what will work and what will not.

Besides, I'm guessing that someone in the CW team is a Glee fan and want Grant Gustin (Flash) and Melissa Benoist (Supergirl), both former Glee stars, to stretch their singing muscles.

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

I vote we have "Condiment King" as a villain for the musical! 😄 😄

the-10-dumbest-batman-villains-to-ever-fight-the-dark-knight-image-11

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

Hi Casey

You said, "I vote we have "Condiment King" as a villain for the musical!"

Sorry Casey girl, you are on your own on this one, besides I heard that they're going to have Music Meister as the musical villain, picked from Batman's rogue gallery.

Music Meister.jpg

UK Bob