cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Black Box micro SD and USB

I just bought a black box to replace my white one which was slow and tempermental and \\\\i'm very impressed

It's nice to see a micro SD and USB slots but I'd like to know their purpose

I looked at the manual, searched NowTV website and all I got is that they have no function

Is this a joke?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User at present there is no use for the MicroSD slot, and no apps available read from USB port. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User If you install a SD card, your 3rd party apps will install on it instead of on the box. Considering there's only a small amount of apps available on the NowTV box it is absolutly pointless to insert one as the box has sufficent memory.

Even without an app the USB does have one use. It does have power, which means you can at least use it to charge your USB devices, such as Phones and Tablets.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Raevelyn wrote:

Even without an app the USB does have one use. It does have power, which means you can at least use it to charge your USB devices, such as Phones and Tablets.

Yep, and better still can be used to power your chromecast to watch google play or an amazon fire stick for amazon prime and netflix 🙂  Shame I had to buy a five way HDMI switch to cope with it all. 

Was reading about the new box https://www.uswitch.com/tv/news/2016/06/now_tv_smart_box_5_things_we_already_know/?ref=social~facebo...

What would be cool would be if it could utilise the USB (or micro SD) as a PVR.  I stuck an old Walkman with a hard disc on my Samsung TV recently and it works a treat.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

From what I have read it seems that recording streamed programmes is now an illegal act?  But I may be wrong?