cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Authentication issues and other problems using the forum

There are a number of issues I encounter when using the forum, associated with posting, replying and moving around the forum, including authentication errors, difficulty logging out or remaining logged in, etc.

I'm mostly using a third gen iPad model number MD328B/A running iOS 9.3.5 accessing via Safari or Chrome. Issues are intermittent, don't always happen all the time, don't always happen when doing the same tasks.

If anyone has similar issues and would like to document what happens and when, maybe providing screenshots where poss, please feel free to reply. 

Alternately if if you have similar issues feel free just to leave a 'me too' message.

78 REPLIES 78
ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @schnapps

Guys

When my behind is being kicked by Authentication Errors, I open up NotePad, a little windows text app (I'm sure you have an equivalent on your devices), write my stuff in there then quickly cut and paste into the forum reply page before the dreaded "A-Error" can strike.

Sometimes it's the only way.

UK Bob

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Andy@schnapps

Hi guys,

We had a couple of tickets open that were being looked into - I believe this one is still "on going" let me check the status today and if there's no change 'll drop the provider an email.

Thanks

Simon

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Andy @schnapps,

Quick update for you.

It seems the ticket we had open closed automatically after lack of updates (wonderful) so I've requested this be open again as a priority. I'll keep you updated!

Thanks

Simon

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Simon-J Thanks, yes please do let us know if there are any developments. Much appreciated.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Simon-J

Any News or Development on how your Software Team are progressing with these Authentication Errors and other related issues whilst posting on the NowTV Forum ?

For me it's a regular occurrence and at the moment it's a frustrating experience when using and posting on your Community Forum Smiley Mad                         

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Simon-J

Any chance of an update please ?

Starting to get extremely hacked off using your Community Forum, where i get continually logged out after short periods, Authentication Errors happening all the time where my posts are totally lost and i have to start a new posted message reply all over again.

The only way i can edit my posts or leave a thumbs up to members is to sign out and resign back in which is a pain in the backside.

Sometimes when attempting to write a reply the message box will lock up and can't use any of the tool tabs for example adding photos or link pages to my post.

Never had in the past using your forum software these problems which have occurred in my case in the last six months or so.

My Windows 10 Tablet works perfectly fine on other internet websites and carrying out personal computer related tasks.

A reply would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

No change for me either @schnapps

Yes please @Simon-J even if it's 'sorry no news' just so we know what's what. Ta.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

Are you still getting continually logged out of the forum all the time or is it only me ?

I can only stay "signed in" for no more than 15 to 20 minutes before being "kicked off" (so frustrating) Smiley Mad

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps

Yep (not so much being logged out but dealing with authentication issues virtually every time I want to post, thanks, go into notifications etc). Despite being asked to sign in again I'm not actually fully logged out as My Account still shows the sign out button. In fact I find it very hard to gracefully  sign out and often get this message when I try

image.jpeg

Not seen Simon around for a while so he might be on leave, maybe get a reply when he's back

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Andy@schnapps,

Thanks for the screenshot, chasing this with the provider again today, I'll keep bugging them until we get this sorted 🙂

Thanks

Simon