cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Authentication issues and other problems using the forum

There are a number of issues I encounter when using the forum, associated with posting, replying and moving around the forum, including authentication errors, difficulty logging out or remaining logged in, etc.

I'm mostly using a third gen iPad model number MD328B/A running iOS 9.3.5 accessing via Safari or Chrome. Issues are intermittent, don't always happen all the time, don't always happen when doing the same tasks.

If anyone has similar issues and would like to document what happens and when, maybe providing screenshots where poss, please feel free to reply. 

Alternately if if you have similar issues feel free just to leave a 'me too' message.

78 REPLIES 78
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps @ukbobboy Thank you both so much for giving up some of your time to help document these issues, I think we've done our bit to prove it happens so I suggest we now leave in the lap of the Gods (and the NOW TV Team) - if either need any further info they can let us know. Wish us all luck! 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F @Simon-J 

Myself @schnapps and @ukbobboy have tried to document in this thread a number of issues we have keeping authenticated in the forum and thus being able to post, reply and thank messages. We know there are very few reports of this issue but, for us as regular contributors to the forum, we find the issue frustrating.

We would be really grateful if you could pass on this thread to your technical team and ask them to look into the issue when they are able to, and if they require any further info please feel free to ask.

Big thanks in advance.

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Thanks for your contributions to this thread. Really great work in collating the issues that you are having with the forum. 

We'll definitely get someone from our team to look into this further to see what the issues are. 

As always, as soon as I have an update I shall be in touch. 

Thanks, 

Karl

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Karl-F Cheers Karl, I was going to give you thanks ... But then this popped up ..

image.jpeg

Aha, seriously tho, it's much appreciated, cheers! 🙂

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Andy @ukbobboy @schnapps,

Hey guys,

As Karl said thanks for putting this together. 

We've raised this with the platform provider now, we'll keep you updated 🙂

Thanks

Simon

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Cheers @Simon-J appreciate you letting us know! 🙂

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @Simon-J @Karl-F @schnapps @SeeMoreDigital

Guys

This "Authentication error" problem is really kicking me tonight, it seems that I cannot complete a reply without getting multiple errors, and it's becoming extremely frustrating.

I could not properly edit my reply/post in "Old Hi-Fi System" and "Picture quality and buffering" and now this topic. I have to complete my post in "Notepad" and then quickly copy and paste before the errors reoccurs and prevent the post from happening.

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Simon-J

Can't speak for @schnapps or @ukbobboy but nothing's changed for me as far as authentication issues when using the forum goes. Did you ever receive any word about this, even if it's a 'we can't find anything wrong so we're not looking into any more' reply? Thanks.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Simon-J

I am in the same boat as @Andy.

Where the Authentication errors and continually being logged out of the forums, plus other frustrating issues (previously mentioned on my posts) keeps plaguing me Smiley Mad

I have lost count of how many messages i have lost in cyberspace and can not be retrived due to Authentication Errors whilst using the NowTV forum.

Please do not suggest using an alternative device, where i am not splashing out on a new Tablet or Laptop just for posting replies on the NowTV Forums, where my current tablet works admirably on other internet websites and undertaking day to day computer tasks.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps

Sorry to hear you're still plagued as well. Given it takes us twice as long to post a message as it should do I can only say thanks on behalf of everyone for the patience you've shown when helping out so many people on the forum. 

Let's hope there's some good news on the horizon! 🙂