cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Authentication issues and other problems using the forum

There are a number of issues I encounter when using the forum, associated with posting, replying and moving around the forum, including authentication errors, difficulty logging out or remaining logged in, etc.

I'm mostly using a third gen iPad model number MD328B/A running iOS 9.3.5 accessing via Safari or Chrome. Issues are intermittent, don't always happen all the time, don't always happen when doing the same tasks.

If anyone has similar issues and would like to document what happens and when, maybe providing screenshots where poss, please feel free to reply. 

Alternately if if you have similar issues feel free just to leave a 'me too' message.

78 REPLIES 78
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

Unless i can find a solution for the predictive text touch screen typing on my tablet i am going to stick with the two Windows browsers i.e. Edge and Explorer 11 and will persevere with the bugs in the software until NowTV can fix them or identify where the conflict is on my hardware setting.

I didn't realize how much i relied of predictive typing until trying the non Windows browsers.

Been testing Windows Internet Explorer 11 version 11.04.44 and still getting the same problems.

Also noticed that when i believe i am still logged in and attempt to compose a new reply message the forum software asks me to sign back in with my username and password, where if i go to My Account and on the drop down menu it still thinks i am logged in (the green highlighted button says do you want to sign out) ?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Ye no worries mate, you still get the error Shen you try in other browsers tho?

As for me, still happening like clockwork. iPad and Chrome when attempting to vote on Ideas Board get authentication error, refresh doesn't help, but replying to a post so that it 'realises, I'm still logged in and then going back to the ideas board allows me to vote this time.

image.jpeg

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

@Andy

Also noticed that when i believe i am still logged in and attempt to compose a new reply message the forum software asks me to sign back in with my username and password, where if i go to My Account and on the drop down menu it still thinks i am logged in (the green highlighted button says do you want to sign out) ?

@schnapps Yes I've noticed that as well, and sometimes when clicking that sign out button instead of being signed out and redirected to the NOW TV page I just get a blank page instead!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

iPad and Chrome ... When writing the previous post, a sorry banner appears then after I've typed a few more words disappears. This time clicking post was successful despite the banner message.

image.jpeg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

What is baffling me is that you are running IOS and i am using Windows we are not even working on the same operating systems.

Obviously i am no computer boffin, but was wondering if there is something in our both devices settings that is causing an issue ?

The only other PC device i could try is a very old Windows Vista Laptop but it would take ages for it to go through all its start up procedures and won't have the predictive typing software which i love to use.

Personally, i don't want to be forced to use an old out of date laptop and for the last two years i have had pleasure using the practicality of a large Windows tablet and would never go back to Laptops or a PC for my internet needs.

Where smart mobile phones are out of the question (screen and keyboard to small for my personal tastes).

Unless Father Christmas buys me a new super duper Windows Tablet (Microsoft Surface comes to mind) i am stuck with my current tablet which to be honest has been fantastic and never let me down on any other computer tasks apart from the NowTV forums since something has changed in their software updates.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

To save me time reading through all the posts, do you also have problems where sometimes you can't give a thanks to a members post (ie. the screen just refreshes and no thanks are given) and the only way to rectify this is again to log out and sign back into your account then you can give them the thumb up thanks ?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

@Andy

To save me time reading through all the posts, do you also have problems where sometimes you can't give a thanks to a members post (ie. the screen just refreshes and no thanks are given) and the only way to rectify this is again to log out and sign back into your account then you can give them the thumb up thanks ?

@schnapps Yep got a couple of screenshots of that already in the thread! Smiley Happy

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

I thought you had mentioned it before (i was to lazy to double check to be honest), looks like we are encountering all the same problems.

BTW - Some of the computer technical stuff that you talked about in your previous post went straight over my head Smiley LOL

I will leave it in your capable hands to discuss this matter going forward with the NowTV Team responsible Smiley Wink

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Yes, from tomorrow we can go back to talking about tea, GoT and donuts again - all topics I much prefer talking about! 😄

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @schnapps @SeeMoreDigital

Guys

I tried to reply to Andy's post about "tea and doughnuts" but got the following instead:

I got this error twice:

Authentication Error (Again).jpg

And got the following once:

Authentication Error (Again 2).jpg

You know guys, the forum software has made a liar out of me (I guess I was tempting fate).

UK Bob

I am now going to watch GoT, episode 2 of season 7.