Authentication Error

I am having a hard time getting passed this error:

Authentication Error.jpg

UK Bob

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Yeah, that's an annoying one as well. I usually go back and click reply on a post (any post) so the forum can 'remind itself' that you're still logged in, then it behaves for a while. Also don't spend long typing a post as it tends to 'forget' you are logged in when you click post, and because it 'forgets' your logged in it doesn't always save your post properly when you try again. Copy and paste might be better for any lengthy posts you want to make.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy

Unfortunately Andy

When I get that "silly" error I've got to refresh my screen, bale out of the forum and re-enter from the forum's home page, that's the only way I've found of standing any chance of replying to post.

Happy Days Smiley Mad

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy @Andy

Gents,

When i was pro active on here last year the forum message posting system worked perfectly fine for me.

Coming back after a couple of months the forum posting system for me is now littered with bugs and glitches (If it is not broke then you shouldn't fix or tamper with it). Smiley Mad

A prime example of this is the YouView UI layout which worked extremely well until software developers got their paws on it and imo have made the experience far worse where a lot of YouView customers preferred the old layout which worked perfectly fine Smiley Mad.

The main issues for me on here is that i keep getting logged out of the system, losing draft messages when hitting the "post button",  together with Authentication Errors Smiley Mad.

One other observation which might be just a coincidence is that if i am in the middle of written a reply post and the previous message is moved quickly from one area of the forum to the correct section of the forum by NowTV before i hit the "green post button" my message is lost and can not be retrieved when the "green banner reload message comes up on screen.Smiley Mad

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Yeah, I think it all went wrong when they moved over to a completely https forum, and it's never been right since. I can't blame it really, it's probably doing a cracking job trying to keep misfits and trouble causers like me out, I imagine I've been flagged as way up near the top of  the major security risk list!!

Keep the faith and all that!! 😉

image.jpeg