cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith1953
Advocate

App config

Is it possible to view my own Flickr photostream using the Flickr app on my NowTv black box?

I cannot gain access to  link my Flickr account to the app.

Thanks

Keith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Keith1953

Welcome to the forum. In theory you can link the app to your Flickr photo stream but as far as I'm aware changes to the way Flickr authenticates external app requests has changed and the Roku app hasn't been updated so I'm pretty sure it's not worked for a while. Unfortunately because the app is third-party developed neither Flickr nor NOW TV/Roku can do much about it until the app developer gets round to it. You could leave it a few days and try again but I wouldn't hold my breath.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Keith1953

Welcome to the forum. In theory you can link the app to your Flickr photo stream but as far as I'm aware changes to the way Flickr authenticates external app requests has changed and the Roku app hasn't been updated so I'm pretty sure it's not worked for a while. Unfortunately because the app is third-party developed neither Flickr nor NOW TV/Roku can do much about it until the app developer gets round to it. You could leave it a few days and try again but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can this thread be listed as solved?

There continues to be a problem with the Flickr App - not allowing you to link your Flickr account

If it's not fit for purpose it shouldn't be listed or sold as an added feature of the NOW TV box.

The App either needs removing or fixing!

"Solved" would be: App removed as no longer supported or bug fixed

@Andy wrote:

@Keith1953

Keith1953
Advocate

Thanks.
Oh well