cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caseyb1993 Elite 5
Elite 5

Re: Anime discussion - all welcome!

@KimmyJWickham Forgot to ask, have you seen Clannad? 

It is one of my and @Ryan-R's favourites. EVER. Smiley Happy

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? :-)
0 Thanks
Ryan-R
Community Administrator

@caseyb1993 I'm here I'm here! Sorry things have been crazy busy recently Smiley Sad 

Have you finished it then? What did you think? I'm in love with the song at the end..

And hey @KimmyJWickham! Clannad is indeed one of my favourites of all time! 

Awesome tattoo by the way..I've always wanted to get some, one idea I wanted was the fox that Ban has in Seven Deadly Sins. Anyone here watched that?

I just finished AoT S2 finally and rewatched One Punch Man

0 Thanks
Ryan-R
Community Administrator

Where's my @Andy at? How's your watching going? Anything on right now?

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ryan-R

All work and no play eh? Smiley Sad

Ah, I'm good, just finished Tokyo Ghoul S1, enjoyed the storyline but didn't really connect with any of the characters so not bothering with S2 yet. Found my new favourite anime in School-Live! but given I'm up to the grand total of 3 shows I'm sure that will change soon!

Can't chip in much at the mo as I've no idea what Casey and Kimmy are talking about, it's all PMT this and TTFN that and words that don't even sound like words but I've written out my 10 year plan to become an anime expert and then I can PTO and FTW with the rest of you!! I'm glad we've managed to recruit Kimmy into the team tho, Casey's been very patient with my Death Note journey but now she can talk about WWF and PDSA! Smiley Very Happy

PS What did you think of Castlevania in the end? I thought first episode good but the rest was a bit of a drag, just about saved by the humour. With your gaming background tho maybe you got more out of it?

PPS bit of Netflixing coming up but then I'll be cracking open the HSOTD (that's one acronym I do know!) I'm expecting big things from that when I start ... In more ways than one apparently! Smiley Very Happy

PPPS the only Clannad I know used to sing the theme tune to Robin of Sherwood! Smiley Sad

0 Thanks
caseyb1993 Elite 5
Elite 5

@Andy @KimmyJWickham

Don't worry Andy, you will pick up the anime code eventually. 

Clannad has to be one of the best and saddest love stories ever told... 

It does have quite a slow building and there is a second plot that is a complete headache but everything is explained at the very end.

Just take a listen to these from the soundtrack. Smiley Surprised

@Ryan-R Hope everything is okay Smiley Sad

I've seen it all before but have been giving it a rewatch. I'm dreading rewatching Clannad After Story as we both know what happens... Smiley Sad

Did you ever completely understand "The Girl" plot to the series? It took me ages to realise. Smiley Very Happy

c6d68bd14471838b61fc49c9e7fbd3c9

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? :-)
caseyb1993 Elite 5
Elite 5

@Andy @Ryan-R @KimmyJWickham

Cowboy Bebop complete!

Ryan, why didn't you tell me it ended like that?! 

Still a 10/10 though!

There is even an Andy in one episode and he is just as bonkers as our Andy. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Ryan-R
Community Administrator

@caseyb1993

Now you understand how I feel! You had to go through the same things I did, no way am I going to let you know what to expect!

I still replay that ending scene sometimes and listen to the song. Makes me feel things I can't quite explain..

You can really see why it's rated at the top of all time as one of the legendary anime series. Simply amazing.

Any favourite characters or scenes? [SPOILER ALERT OBVIOUSLY] And of course! it's so true ^^ made me smile every time

Have our other two friends watched it?

caseyb1993 Elite 5
Elite 5

@Ryan-R Uhh, Spike of course! Smiley Very Happy

Love, love, love his voice! "You sing..off key..." Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler
Bang!... Smiley Surprised
Who knew one word could be so spine chilling? Smiley Surprised

Also, the alien in the fridge episode was hilarious! 

"If I learnt anything, it's don't leave things in the fridge..."

I love that theme tune and that song where Spike goes through the church window... 

It is definitely in my top 3 anime now! Smiley Happy

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

There is even an Andy in one episode and he is just as bonkers as our Andy. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

@caseyb1993 Really?!? Wow a genuine AnimeAndy!! That's so cool. Just goes to show you ...

image.jpeg

0 Thanks
Ryan-R
Community Administrator

@Andy

Holy moly how did I not see this?!

That's honestly how it's been the last couple of weeks Smiley Sad Last day today though then next week everything will be back to normal!

Oh yeah I've got that with me but I've not got round to watching it yet (I feel like I say that with most anime sadly..) But I totally get you on the connection part! Haha I'll need to check out School-Live! don't think I've watched that before.

I'm just completely lost myself as well Face With Tears of Joy on Twitter I don't know what any of them mean I don't think. Now that's a plan I would like to see! I'm curious about what genre you'll fall into predominantly or if it will be a wild and crazy mix. What 3 series are you on at the moment then? Is it on MAL? I'm happy to see a new face as well! Did you do a search on here for anime @KimmyJWickham or did you randomly come across this thread?

Right so Castlevania. 1st episode, amazing. Next ones like you said were a bit..off? I don't really know what happened! I think with the first episode they set themselves up for an incredibly serious and dark series but then it fell to a pretty standard format (while still being a little bit gruesome to be fair) but I was a bit let down by it if I'm being honest. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing either, maybe I expected too much after watching the opening. I'm hoping we get back into the darker side of things with the next season!

Hahahaha you're making me want to rewatch it now! I cannot wait for you to get started. Looking forward to seeing your reactions!

Wow what a throwback that is! Just had a listen again haha