cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryan-R
Community Administrator

Re: Anime discussion - all welcome!

@caseyb1993

All good all good, just incredibly busy work wise but I won't bore you guys with that! Haha Face With Stuck-Out Tongue & Winking Eye on HTC Sense 7 everything will be back to normal from Tuesday anyway!

I know exactly how you feel, I need plenty of support if I'm going to be rewatching it. Support and lots of snacks, drinks and stuff!

And surpisingly I did! I watched all of Clannad in 2 days though which I think really helped me out with that though since it was all completely fresh in my head throughout. That first watch was such an incredible journey..

Got me thinking though, what was the first anime you ever watched? Same question for you @KimmyJWickham? We all know yours Andy!

Spoiler

I listened to the last song again driving into work today, amazing. Which song is it you're talking about when he goes through the church window? And yes! I loved that episode too haha.

Just the way he says "Bang" as well, everything about the series was done so perfectly. I'm still not over it..

0 Thanks
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ryan-R Oh yes do watch School-Live! at some point, what a novelty that will be for me to discuss an anime that I watched before you did!!!! I'm sure you'll love Yuki, she's got the same attention span as me! Smiley Happy

2n6gfae

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

image.jpeg

*knock knock knock* @caseyb1993 *knock knock knock* @caseyb1993 *knock knock knock* @caseyb1993

IT'S ON NETFLIX !!!!! Have you watched it yet? Is it great? Is it ghastly? I'm off out tonight but will be DEFINITELY watching it this weekend!!! MUST discuss afterwards!!!!

caseyb1993 Elite 5
Elite 5

@Ryan-R Actually, I can't remember what my first anime was. I'm not including Pokemon as that was every 90's kid's obsession! Me included. Smiley Very Happy

I think it was either Inuyasha 

inuyasha-kagome-inuyasha-1306016-1024-768

or Fruits Basket

6362200867698334451419629540_1959522d163dcd4d279ce382ab6da785

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? :-)
0 Thanks
caseyb1993 Elite 5
Elite 5

@Andy Nope not yet but I am tomorrow night. Smiley Wink

I came home from work to find this on my table:

911nFpza68L._SL1500_

Rewatching it though, the plot is a complete mess. Yet in the cinema, it was an amazing twist to the original anime film so what happened there? Smiley Very Happy

Make sure you add Ghost In The Shell to your MAL. Smiley Wink

@Ryan-R I know you like Ghost In The Shell, have you seen the remake?

gits1-noscale

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? :-)
Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Ne funnily enough I rented that last weekend. I agree I couldn't really get my head round it. Visually it was stunning, ultra-modern mixed with grungy urban decay, very Blade Runner, but it just didn't make much sense at all, so as often happens with modern CGI films I had to suspend all disbelief and try and enjoy all the POW-POW moments instead. I also found something vaguely disturbing about SJ's cybernetic 'naked' body which didn't quite seem to curve the way you expect it to ... Smiley Indifferent

ukbobboy
Expert 2

@Andy @caseyb1993 @Ryan-R @KimmyJWickham

Hi Guys

Silent Bob has returned with only one question:

Silent Emoji.jpg

Has anyone seen the live version of Netflix Death Note yet?

If so please let us know what you think of it (without doing a review) .

UK Bob

caseyb1993 Elite 5
Elite 5

@ukbobboy Not yet but I am watching it tonight. Smiley Happy

ukbobboy
Expert 2

@caseyb1993

Cheers Casey

Don't forget to let us know what you think of it.

(Silent Anime) UK Bob

caseyb1993 Elite 5
Elite 5

@ukbobboy I'm looking forward to watching it but dreading it at the same time. Smiley Sad

@Ryan-R Sorry to keep spamming you but you are right, that song in the finale of Cowboy Bebop is sooooo beautiful. Smiley Happy

Spoiler
"I'm Freeeeeee"
"I'm ascending..."

You're gonna carry that weight....

*Epic guitar plays out*