Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Anime discussion - all welcome!

@caseyb1993 @Anonymous User 

Thought it was about time we had our own anime thread, now I'm getting addicted to it I feel we need a dedicated area to go anime mad. Maybe we will find some more anime fans on here as well .... ANYBODY? Say hello!!!!!

357 REPLIES 357
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 As you appear to have gone R&M obsessed recently you might be interested in this chance to win a trip to LA to record the season 3 DVD commentary

https://www.omaze.com/experiences/rick-and-morty-united-we-plan?ref=rickandmorty

You have to pay but the money goes to charity so consider it your good deed for the day.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy @Anonymous User @commanda6 @ukbobboy @Anonymous User

Guys and ladies!

Do not go on to crunchyroll!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Crunchyroll_de/status/926782599460212736

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Cheers Casey. Looks like they've suffered a DNS redirect attack, so visitors to the website are unwittingly being redirected to a fake website with a ransomware download. I don't have an account with Crunchyroll but if you do looks like that's all safe, as are the apps although they say they've taken some offline. Avoid the website until the all-clear is given!

Picking on anime fans, they should be ashamed! Smiley Embarassed

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy I have one but no card details are hooked up to it. 

That's what happened to me. I just went on crunchyroll and it automatically downloaded this file. I didn't open it, just deleted it and did some scans. Nothing came up so should I be safe? 😞

Yeah they should! Some people have nothing better to do than trying to attack customers. 😞

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 It's an executable malware file (which they are pretending is a Crunchyroll Player)  so as long as you didn't run it and install it you're OK, as well as trashing it make sure you empty trash as well. Your account should be fine as they've not actually hacked into Crunchyroll, they're just redirecting traffic to the fake website. 

Glad you were on the ball tho, might be worth dropping Ryan a message on MAL do you think just in case?

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Phew thanks! Yeah I emptied trash as well. 🙂

I've just sent him a message, hopefully he gets it soon. 

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @caseyb1993 @Andy @Anonymous User

I have a tip which should help protect you guys from stuff like this in the future if you're using Google Chrome that is.

Enable the "Ask where to save each file before downloading" option in the advanced tab of the settings menu.

This will mean that when something tries to initiate download. Your machine will ask you where you want to download be saved and at that point, you should be able to prevent the download. If you don't want it or you realised you didn't initiate the download yourself

Hopefully crunchyroll will be back up soon. Although until I saw your post @caseyb1993 I was wondering why it wasn't working on my Roku today. It's it's a shame it's not currently working because I have a show that I was binge watching

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 wrote:

it's a shame it's not currently working because I have a show that I was binge watching

@commanda6  Is it School Days? Cos I'm also desparate for my weekly fix of love anime ... where will they go on a date this week?!? Decisions decisions .... 😉

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

@commanda6 wrote:

it's a shame it's not currently working because I have a show that I was binge watching

@commanda6  Is it School Days? Cos I'm also desparate for my weekly fix of love anime ... where will they go on a date this week?!? Decisions decisions .... 😉

@Andy Nope Smiley Very Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 Awwwww you don't know what your missing! 😉

PS the answer is not much! 😄