Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Anime discussion - all welcome!

@caseyb1993 @Anonymous User 

Thought it was about time we had our own anime thread, now I'm getting addicted to it I feel we need a dedicated area to go anime mad. Maybe we will find some more anime fans on here as well .... ANYBODY? Say hello!!!!!

357 REPLIES 357
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Holy moly how did I not see this?!

That's honestly how it's been the last couple of weeks 😞 Last day today though then next week everything will be back to normal!

Oh yeah I've got that with me but I've not got round to watching it yet (I feel like I say that with most anime sadly..) But I totally get you on the connection part! Haha I'll need to check out School-Live! don't think I've watched that before.

I'm just completely lost myself as well Face With Tears of Joy on Twitter I don't know what any of them mean I don't think. Now that's a plan I would like to see! I'm curious about what genre you'll fall into predominantly or if it will be a wild and crazy mix. What 3 series are you on at the moment then? Is it on MAL? I'm happy to see a new face as well! Did you do a search on here for anime @Anonymous User or did you randomly come across this thread?

Right so Castlevania. 1st episode, amazing. Next ones like you said were a bit..off? I don't really know what happened! I think with the first episode they set themselves up for an incredibly serious and dark series but then it fell to a pretty standard format (while still being a little bit gruesome to be fair) but I was a bit let down by it if I'm being honest. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't amazing either, maybe I expected too much after watching the opening. I'm hoping we get back into the darker side of things with the next season!

Hahahaha you're making me want to rewatch it now! I cannot wait for you to get started. Looking forward to seeing your reactions!

Wow what a throwback that is! Just had a listen again haha

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Oh yes do watch School-Live! at some point, what a novelty that will be for me to discuss an anime that I watched before you did!!!! I'm sure you'll love Yuki, she's got the same attention span as me! 🙂

2n6gfae

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

image.jpeg

*knock knock knock* @caseyb1993 *knock knock knock* @caseyb1993 *knock knock knock* @caseyb1993

IT'S ON NETFLIX !!!!! Have you watched it yet? Is it great? Is it ghastly? I'm off out tonight but will be DEFINITELY watching it this weekend!!! MUST discuss afterwards!!!!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Nope not yet but I am tomorrow night. 😉

I came home from work to find this on my table:

911nFpza68L._SL1500_

Rewatching it though, the plot is a complete mess. Yet in the cinema, it was an amazing twist to the original anime film so what happened there? 😄

Make sure you add Ghost In The Shell to your MAL. 😉

@Anonymous User I know you like Ghost In The Shell, have you seen the remake?

gits1-noscale

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Ne funnily enough I rented that last weekend. I agree I couldn't really get my head round it. Visually it was stunning, ultra-modern mixed with grungy urban decay, very Blade Runner, but it just didn't make much sense at all, so as often happens with modern CGI films I had to suspend all disbelief and try and enjoy all the POW-POW moments instead. I also found something vaguely disturbing about SJ's cybernetic 'naked' body which didn't quite seem to curve the way you expect it to ... Smiley Indifferent

ukbobboy
Legend

@Andy @caseyb1993 @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi Guys

Silent Bob has returned with only one question:

Silent Emoji.jpg

Has anyone seen the live version of Netflix Death Note yet?

If so please let us know what you think of it (without doing a review) .

UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy Not yet but I am watching it tonight. 🙂

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
ukbobboy
Legend

@caseyb1993

Cheers Casey

Don't forget to let us know what you think of it.

(Silent Anime) UK Bob

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy I'm looking forward to watching it but dreading it at the same time. 😞

@Anonymous User Sorry to keep spamming you but you are right, that song in the finale of Cowboy Bebop is sooooo beautiful. 🙂

Spoiler
"I'm Freeeeeee"
"I'm ascending..."

You're gonna carry that weight....

*Epic guitar plays out*
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy @ukbobboy

Guys, I saw it. Please save yourselves 2 painful hours. That is all I'm saying. 😞

OMG Andy how weird is that how we posted at the same time? 😮