Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Anime discussion - all welcome!

@caseyb1993 @Anonymous User 

Thought it was about time we had our own anime thread, now I'm getting addicted to it I feel we need a dedicated area to go anime mad. Maybe we will find some more anime fans on here as well .... ANYBODY? Say hello!!!!!

357 REPLIES 357
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS

Spoiler
I did like the different direction it took at the end, made it interesting to see where they were going with it, but in just 1 hr 40 mins there was no time to create that intense battle of wits, like the giant game of chess with L and Light constantly scrambling to stay one step ahead of each other, that was the driving force of the anime and it was just lost in the movie, leaving it feeling like too much of an action film and not enough depth

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy Hahaha I'll get started on Love Live! this week and I'll let you know what I think of it when I'm a few episodes in. How many episodes are you on so far? I'm sure I will! Not only that, but now everytime I see a message from you, that's who I will think I'm talking to

Ahh cool! I never watched either of those but I do have them stored somewhere ready to watch haha, and of course Pokemon! I recently watched a bunch of the episodes from the beginning, not nearly finished yet though!

@caseyb1993 No I haven't seen the remake for Ghost in the Shell, should I? To be honest, I usually avoid remakes for these series since I already love the anime so much..

Don't worry about "spamming" me! You know I never mind that ^^ and it really is isn't it? Just beautiful and so much meaning behind it..

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I've watched all of Gakkougurashi! (School-Live!), you're clearly slacking Ryan!! 😉

I didn't cotton on for an episode or two how it was working, I thought at first it was going to be 8 hours of school girls having breakfast and taking the dog for a walk, but I'm sure an anime veteran like you will pick up on it straight away. Some really good twists and shocks along the way, and a swimsuit episode half way through which I understand is an obligatory part of 90% of anime shows? After that I feel I'm ready to tackle HSOTD!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Oof! I'm gonna have to catch up right now! I got way to many to juggle at the moment 

@Andy wrote:

and a swimsuit episode half way through which I understand is an obligatory part of 90% of anime shows?

Aha 😉 I see you've caught on very quickly! It honestly does come up so much in these types of anime yeah, if you were to play a drinking game for how many times you get it, you'd need your stomach pumped lol

Boy oh boy am I looking forward to hearing your thoughts on HSOTD, I'll need to rewatch it just so I can have a refresh 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Drinking game now there's a thought ... Something like this perhaps?

image.jpeg

I can see already I'll need to stock up! 😄

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy Hi there Smiley Happy Nope, I personally have absolutely no intention of seeing the new Netflix live-action Weternised Death Note movie version whatsoever Smiley Tongue

@caseyb1993 I personally really love the live-action ScarJo remake of Ghost In The Shell, I saw it 3 times at the cinema when it first came out and now also own the Blu-ray too Smiley Happy

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Andy @caseyb1993

Hi KJ

You know, you've surprised me about not wanting to watch Death Note, especially as you love the remake of Ghost in the Shell, which suffered from the same criticism as not being as good as the original anime.

Still, it's your choice.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy 

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User

Drinking game now there's a thought ... Something like this perhaps?

image.jpeg

I can see already I'll need to stock up! 😄

Oh sweet mercy this is impossible! I can guarantee that I'd need to go to the hospital after half an episode Face With Tears of Joy on Twitter Twemoji 2.3

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy wrote:

Has anyone seen the live version of Netflix Death Note yet?

If so please let us know what you think of it (without doing a review) .

@ukbobboy 

I can't remember if you've seen the anime or not, I think it's definitely a Marmite movie, so personally I'd say it's the kind of movie where there's little point getting opinions from other people, it will be a personal reaction you have to the style and plot decisions they've made, so don't worry about opinions - you know the rough storyline so if that appeals to you then give it a shot, it's only an hour and a half of your time.

Expect the absolute barebones of the anime, expect liberties and the inevitable addition of action to keep the American audience happy, but hopefully enjoy and then discuss!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy @Anonymous User

Don't worry Andy, you will pick up the anime code eventually. 

Clannad has to be one of the best and saddest love stories ever told... 

It does have quite a slow building and there is a second plot that is a complete headache but everything is explained at the very end.

Just take a listen to these from the soundtrack. 😮

[video]

[video]

@Anonymous User Hope everything is okay 😞

I've seen it all before but have been giving it a rewatch. I'm dreading rewatching Clannad After Story as we both know what happens... Smiley Sad

Did you ever completely understand "The Girl" plot to the series? It took me ages to realise. 😄

c6d68bd14471838b61fc49c9e7fbd3c9

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂