Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Anime discussion - all welcome!

@caseyb1993 @Anonymous User 

Thought it was about time we had our own anime thread, now I'm getting addicted to it I feel we need a dedicated area to go anime mad. Maybe we will find some more anime fans on here as well .... ANYBODY? Say hello!!!!!

357 REPLIES 357
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 I've read the Mermaid Melody manga before, but have never seen the anime Smiley Happy

Vampire Knight is a very awesome series, but Season 2 isn't as good as Season 1 IMO Smiley Happy

I even have the Cross Academy school rose emblem as a tattoo on my top left arm Smiley Wink

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wow really?! Awesome choice for a tattoo! 🙂

The anime for Mermaid Melody was my obsession at one point but the 'transformations' could be annoying and went on for too long at times. 😄

The songs are so catchy though! It is how I learnt some Japanese. 🙂

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 Thank you so much! I thought so too! Smiley Wink

Another few more recent series from earlier this year that were also pretty awesome watches were Saga Of Tanya The Evil and the 2nd Seasons of both Blue Exorcist (Kyoto Saga) and Attack On Titan Smiley Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Glad you found our little meeting place! I'm afraid I'm the anime newbie of the group, only just got into it having watched Death Note which I obsessed over a bit and also really enjoyed School Live, completely different but surprised me how deep the storyline went and how the characters won me over. Now watching Tokyo Ghoul on NOW TV before getting stuck into HSOTD which I was persuaded to buy on DVD ... I'm told that will be an eye opener for me!! 😄

You'll get on well with Ryan from the NOW TV Team when he turns up, he seems to watch anime 24/7 I'd be surprised if there's anything he hasn't watched by now!

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Just been watching a couple more episodes of Ghoul, up to ep 8 now!

Spoiler
Cant believe that Hinami's mother was killed, and her dad is dead as well in the space of 2 episodes, surely it doesn't get any worse than that! I'm thinking all sorts for this ep 10 now!! I'm wondering if I'm going to find out what those big metal pliers are for ... and not like it!! 😄
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy Tokyo Ghoul is an amazing series, glad to hear that you're enjoying it so far Smiley Happy

I personally think that Season 2 isn't as good as Season 1, but will still be worth the watch all the same Smiley Happy

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User By any chance are you on the MyAnimeList forum? 🙂

I'm on Season 2 of Tokyo Ghoul right now and am really enjoying it. Touka gets on my nerves a little but I love Kaneki in this season! 

I've seen the Saga of Tanya one advertised but haven't got around to watching it yet.

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@caseyb1993 Aaaaahhh, nice nice! You're also watching it too! Double glad to hear it! Smiley Very Happy

Touka is definitely my favourite character in TG by far for sure Smiley Wink

I used to be on & use MAL before, but not anymore now Smiley Happy

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I bet when you joined this forum, you didn't think you would be suckered into a thread like this! 😄

My second favourite character has to be Nishiki. I love his attitude. 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm certainly surprised, but not at all in a bad way, in fact, the complete opposite Smiley Happy

It's making for a very pleasant change of pace outside of other Now TV stuff (in my own personal case, the Cinema threads as I only have and use that particular one pass through Now TV) Smiley Happy

Nishiki kinda both freaks me out and p*sses me off at the same time as a character, lol! Smiley Very Happy