Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Anime discussion - all welcome!

@caseyb1993 @Anonymous User 

Thought it was about time we had our own anime thread, now I'm getting addicted to it I feel we need a dedicated area to go anime mad. Maybe we will find some more anime fans on here as well .... ANYBODY? Say hello!!!!!

357 REPLIES 357
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Let you off this time but if it happens again I'm telling Ryan-sensei ! 😄

Saw review for the Netflix Death Note in Empire, only given it 3 stars saying it feels rushed, but I suppose that's gonna happen fitting all the story into one film. Hopefully they've cut out all the Near and Mello nonsense. Not gonna put me off, it's not often I agree with the critics - looking at you BvS! 

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy Have you seen the clip on YouTube for Death Note?

I can't post it as it has swearing (which is out of character for Light if I remember correctly) but it does seem pretty darn good! 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 Yeah definitely a watcher give us plenty to talk about, I just hope it's not too Americanised and they keep some of the intellectual battle of minds between L and Light as that was the best bit of the anime, seeing them trying to outwit each other all the time!

You must try and catch Okja before you sub runs out as well!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Now on to Season 2 of Tokyo Ghoul! 

@Andy Get up to episode 10 of season 1 and you will be hooked! You'll see why... 😮

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993

Im up to ep 6 already and I'm quite hooked already! Tsukiyama I see one creepy character isn't he!?!

Will try and whizz through them all before I go Netflixing next week!

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy He sure is. 😮

Just wait until episodes 10-12. 😮

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@caseyb1993 wrote:

@Andy He sure is. 😮

Just wait until episodes 10-12. 😮

@caseyb1993 Ooh got me wondering now! ......

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy You should totally do a reaction video! 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't personally tend to favour dubbed animes, only ever subbed ones Smiley Happy

Some of my personal favourite series include Shugo Chara!, Cardcaptor Sakura, Sailor Moon Crystal, xxxHOLiC, Buso Renkin, My Love Story!!, The Asterisk War, Parasyte -the maxim-, Claymore and Kobato Smiley Happy

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I am a bit of both. Some anime I prefer subs and others dubs. 🙂

If it is a long series I tend to go for dub as reading the subtitles for too long can give me a headache. 😄

Some dubs are masterpieces. For example, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood has a fantastic dub. 🙂

Have you ever seen Mermaid Melody? People tend to compare it to Sailor Moon but it is quite different. It has a so called "Lost English dub" that never was released. 😮

My favourite subbed ones are Vampire Knight and Higurashi no naku koro ni as the dubs are really bad for these.