Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Legend

Ameding or Updating a Forum Post

@Anonymous User

Dear Now TV

Can you amend this forum "posting facility" so that a Poster/ Contributor have, at least, 15 - 20 minutes before the page is frozen in place.

Simply speaking, I can't be the only one that notices after making a post spelling and syntax errors which, after a very short time, cannot be corrected.

I understand that a soon as someone else reads a post that post becomes frozen, all I am asking for is that posters to have short time, between posting and permanent freezing, should be allowed to correct small errors.

Please put this post in the "Ideas Section".

UK Bob

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy

It sounds to me that you are effected with the same software glitch on the forum has me Smiley Sad

I have noticed the problem since the dreaded Authentication Error messages started in the Spring of 2017, where i am continually being logged out of the forum and if i need to edit a recent post the only way I can do it is by either starting a new reply then cancel it straight away without posting, then go back to the recent posted message that you want to edit.

Or the longer method is to sign out and sign back into your account (even though it says you are already logged in) within the time frame that NowTV allows you to edit a post (don't know the time limit, where i think it is somewhere around 15 to 20 minutes).

For me the tell tale sign that the software thinks i have logged out of the NowTV forum is that my Profile / notifications / PM icons on the top right of my screen disappear.

If you are not seeing these similar above symptoms, then please ignore my post and hopefully somebody from the NowTV Team will offer you further assistance on the matter.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps

Hi Schnapps

I believe I've beaten the "Authentication Error" by entering at the forum's main page when I want to reply to another member's post.

The problem I have  is something that programmers and developers don't seem to understand and that is plain old human error, they never leave enough time for a person to spot and correct their errors.

You see, the problem is that when I finish posting a reply I then try to read it and see if it says what I want it to say and spot missing words, syntax errors, misspellings, etc. So when I spot a problem or two I find that I can no longer edit my post.  I believe my post, and everyone else's, is locked down the moment another forum member or guest reads the post I still want to edit.

Therefore, all I am asking is that posts are not locked down by the forum's system until 20 minutes or so has elapse.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ukbobboy

Sounds like that we are encountering different issues then.

Where if i am still logged into the forum (where my profile, notification icon is still showing on top right of screen) then i can make edit changes to any of my posts within a duration of somewhere around 15 minutes even if that post has had a number of views.

I can't make any edit changes to my post within the given time scale limit permitted, if the software automatically logs me off the forum on it's own accord without my permission and then i have to resort to the two counter measure methods mentioned in my first post on this thread to edit my posted messages that are no longer than about 15 minutes old.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy I totally agree with you. 🙂

Sometimes I miss a typo in a post of mine and then don't notice until next day. Then I feel silly for a simple error. 😞

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂