cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Add Netflix app to Now TV Box

Hi, 

Would it be possible to add the Netflix app to Now TV box please.

I was under the impression ''powered by Roku'' Meant I'd be able get this, however finding after I purchased a Now TV box i don't I'm a little irritated.

I've seen the thread suggesting to buy a roku device but it's not reversed. This is confusing. Perhaps I should have done my homework first!

On a chat with support today I was told there is conflict due to competing products, but If like me you subscribe to both and just want to use one device, why not make it simple for someone like myself who doesn't have a smart TV, and now has a Smart box!!

Please add netflix app, I subscribe to both, and there are probably thousands more like myself!

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User would be nice if it was available. Lots of folk subscribe to both Now and Netflix. Unfortunately Sky have a funny logic. They see Netflix as a rival. By that logic anything you can watch instead of Sky is a rival.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The primary purpose of the NOW TV branded boxes is to access the NOW TV subscription service, which is why they are so cheap or even free when purchased with an 'Entertainment' or 'Cinema' bundle.

In this regard, the NOW TV branded boxes follow much the same business model as Sky's satellite boxes. ie: the monthly subscriptions subsidise the cost of the hardware boxes. Hence they are 'closed' system devices 😉

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I honestly dont think £60 for a now tv box after paying 18£ for broadband, a further £10 for sky cinema & a further £5 for entertainment is cheap & think netflix as an app should be added. I only got the now tv box so i didnt have to buy a console to watch netflix, but now ive paid for now tv all its quirks on an 12 or 18 month contract to still have only a phone to watch netflix on. Selling it with the advertisment "make any tv a smart tv" is very misleading as on any smart tv you can have both the now tv and netflix apps, aswell as prime video.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community. NOW TV have announced that the Netflix app should be coming to NOW TV boxes/stick by the end of the year

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-apps-are-available-on-now-tv-box-stick

However it's unlikely Amazon Video will be coming anytime soon.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @SeeMoreDigital @Andy

Hi H & K

I really do not have that much to say other than if you did do a little pre-purchase research you would have found out that you should have bought the Roku Express, it has all the facilities of the Now TV stick without any of the drawbacks or limitations.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roku-Express-Streaming-Player-Black/dp/B076F7D71R/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1535571523&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=Roku&psc=1

The Roku Express has facilities to accept Netflix, Amazon and a whole host of other free and paid-for channels you can select, while the Now TV devices are strictly restricted to a limited sub-set of Roku available channels. 

However, as my forum mates have mentioned, Netflix will soon be part of the family of channels you can add to your viewing list.

UK Bob